Buy RAM for a Vivante SE

  • ozzieoz120
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 19, 2002
      I have a vivante SE laptop with 32megs of RAM and I would like to
      upgrade. On the laptop it has 8mb ram on board and a 24mb chip in its
      only slot. The manual says it can only go to 64.

      Where can I buy memory for this laptop?
      I would like a 64meg chip.

      Email me ogonz1136@...

      Thanks,
      Ozzie
    • Dan Christensen
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 19, 2002
        "ozzieoz120" <mnosports@...> writes:

        > I have a vivante SE laptop with 32megs of RAM and I would like to
        > upgrade. On the laptop it has 8mb ram on board and a 24mb chip in its
        > only slot. The manual says it can only go to 64.

        My Vivante SE has 192M of RAM: 64M + 128M. (By the way, I'm not sure
        what you mean by 8M "on board".)

        > Where can I buy memory for this laptop?
        > I would like a 64meg chip.

        I got mine at crucial.com.

        Dan
      • ozzieoz120
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 20, 2002
          --- In transmonde@y..., Dan Christensen <jdc@u...> wrote:
          > "ozzieoz120" <mnosports@y...> writes:
          >
          > > I have a vivante SE laptop with 32megs of RAM and I would like to
          > > upgrade. On the laptop it has 8mb ram on board and a 24mb chip in
          its
          > > only slot. The manual says it can only go to 64.
          >
          > My Vivante SE has 192M of RAM: 64M + 128M. (By the way, I'm not
          sure
          > what you mean by 8M "on board".)
          >
          > > Where can I buy memory for this laptop?
          > > I would like a 64meg chip.
          >
          > I got mine at crucial.com.
          >
          > Dan

          Thanks Dan for your response!

          What I mean by "on-board" is when I removed my 24mb chip, the laptop
          ran on it own at 8mb of ram. Does your laptop has only 1 slot for
          adding memory? Mine does.

          Also, I went on crucial.com and I saw the edo ram, 144 pins. Is this
          the one you're using?

          thanks
          Ozzie
        • Marc Brughmans
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 20, 2002
            My vivante se has 2 slots. I bought it with 64 mb and last year I put
            another 128 Mb in it. I am now running Windows XP on a 233 MHz pentium2.

            Marc
            > > > I have a vivante SE laptop with 32megs of RAM and I would like to
            > > > upgrade. On the laptop it has 8mb ram on board and a 24mb chip in
            > its
            > > > only slot. The manual says it can only go to 64.
            > >
            > > My Vivante SE has 192M of RAM: 64M + 128M. (By the way, I'm not
            > sure
            > > what you mean by 8M "on board".)
            > >
            > > > Where can I buy memory for this laptop?
            > > > I would like a 64meg chip.
            > >
            > > I got mine at crucial.com.
            > >
            > > Dan
            >
            > Thanks Dan for your response!
            >
            > What I mean by "on-board" is when I removed my 24mb chip, the laptop
            > ran on it own at 8mb of ram. Does your laptop has only 1 slot for
            > adding memory? Mine does.
            >
            > Also, I went on crucial.com and I saw the edo ram, 144 pins. Is this
            > the one you're using?
            >
            > thanks
            > Ozzie

          • Dan Christensen
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 20, 2002
              "ozzieoz120" <mnosports@...> writes:

              > What I mean by "on-board" is when I removed my 24mb chip, the laptop
              > ran on it own at 8mb of ram. Does your laptop has only 1 slot for
              > adding memory? Mine does.

              Oh, mine has two slots. Interesting.

              > Also, I went on crucial.com and I saw the edo ram, 144 pins. Is this
              > the one you're using?

              Below is an old message which shows part numbers.

              Dan