Pricing a Transmonde

  • latinmgeek
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 18, 2002
      Hello...I have a Transmonde Vivante SE laptop and would like to sell
      it. I want to sell it at a fair price and was wondering if there was
      a resource available that lists what the current price of laptops are
      now. A blue book for computers and laptops would be great. A URL
      link to such a source would be even better.

      Thanks in advance.

      Eddie
    • Brooks K. Rownd
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 19, 2002
        On Jul 19, 2002 at 03:47AM (-0000), latinmgeek said:
        > Hello...I have a Transmonde Vivante SE laptop and would like to sell
        > it. I want to sell it at a fair price and was wondering if there was
        > a resource available that lists what the current price of laptops are
        > now. A blue book for computers and laptops would be great. A URL
        > link to such a source would be even better.

        About the best you can get is searching eBay auctions.
        Laptops don't have much resale value, other than as a source
        for hard-to-find spare parts. They're too fragile and not
        "upgradeable", and the prices of new models are still slowly
        decreasing.

        bkr
      • S.R. Pagni
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 26, 2002
          Eddie,
          what price were you asking?
          > Hello...I have a Transmonde Vivante SE laptop and would like to sell
          > it. I want to sell it at a fair price and was wondering if there was
          > a resource available that lists what the current price of laptops are
          > now. A blue book for computers and laptops would be great. A URL
          > link to such a source would be even better.
          >
          > Thanks in advance.
          >

          > Eddie

        • lostmybro95
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 21, 2002
            i am interested in buying a spare vivante se for parts. if you still
            have one you are considering selling please contact me.
          • S.R. Pagni
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 21, 2002
              I bought one that the person said would not read hard drive and haven't
              dodne anything with it...everything else works...what price you looking to
              pay..I think I have 500 in it

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 21, 2002
                On Sat, 21 Sep 2002, S.R. Pagni wrote:

                > everything else works...what price you looking to pay..I think I have 500
                > in it

                Heh. Hey- if you're thinking you're gonna get even 50% of that figure, may I
                have a hit of that crack pipe when you're done with it?

                Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Los Angeles, CA
                Home: 3801 E. Pacific Coast Hwy #9, Long Beach, CA 90804-2014 (888) 454-8181
                Work: 2052 Alton Parkway, Irvine, CA 92606-4905 (949) 252-1111 X240
              • RK Hodges
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 23, 2002
                  --- Kenneth Crudup <kenny@...> wrote:

                  > On Sat, 21 Sep 2002, S.R. Pagni wrote:
                  >
                  > > everything else works...what price you looking to
                  > pay..I think I have 500
                  > > in it
                  >
                  > Heh. Hey- if you're thinking you're gonna get even
                  > 50% of that figure, may I
                  > have a hit of that crack pipe when you're done with
                  > it?
                  >
                  > -Kenny

                  I have been looking for one too but I was thinking no
                  more than about $100-150 for a *complete* non-working
                  unit. Any more wouldn't make sense for a nearly 4
                  year old unit with a questionable future.

                  Mine works but has a busted keyboard (that I can't
                  find a replacement for) and the hinges are cracked
                  badly. If I could get $500 I would sell it today. <G>

                  http://sbc.yahoo.com
                • lostmybro95
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 23, 2002
                    that is quite a bit more than i am willing to pay for it. the
                    problem with mine is cracks in the hinges. dvd,cdrom,floppy,zip drive
                    works fine i've also added a 20gb harddrive so i was actually lookin
                    for a god case.
                    thanks anyway,
                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  • S.R. Pagni