Re: [transmonde] machine boots only from some CD's?

  • Dan Christensen
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2002
      "Phil Calvert" <pcalvert@...> writes:

      > Yes, you can boot from an external floppy drive.

      Thanks for encouraging me to try again. I had tried this in the past
      without it working, but now it's working fine.

      > There's a technique that I saw once on making bootable CDs. Maybe it would
      > work for you. I'll send you the URL after I've had a chance to look it up
      > (the page is bookmarked on my office computer).

      That would be great, thanks.

      Dan
    • Dan Christensen
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 2, 2002
        Dan Christensen <jdc@...> writes:

        > My Vivante SE boots fine from most bootable CD's, including many that
        > I've written to CD-R. But I can't get it recognize the Gibraltar
        > firewall CD as being bootable. That CD boots fine on other laptops,
        > and I've written it on two different CD burners, but still no luck
        > in the Vivante.
        >
        > Does anyone have any ideas?

        It turns out that the Gibraltar CD uses a 2.88M boot image. I remade
        the iso with a 1.44M boot image, burned the new iso, and it worked
        fine. So I suspect that the Vivante SE BIOS can't handle 2.88M boot
        images.

        Dan

        --
        Dan Christensen