Transmonde Vivante SE just died

  • vicvogt2002
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2002
      I have a Vivante SE that has served me well for several years. Someone borrowed it and (I believe) tried to swap the cd-rom for the floppy disk while the computer was running. In any case, it won't boot up now. The power light, fan and LCD display all work but it won't do anything else. Has the motherboard been fried? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

      Vic
    • sus121212
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5 3:12 PM
        --- In transmonde@y..., "vicvogt2002" <vic@p...> wrote:
        > I have a Vivante SE that has served me well for several years.
        Someone borrowed it and (I believe) tried to swap the cd-rom for the
        floppy disk while the computer was running. In any case, it won't
        boot up now. The power light, fan and LCD display all work but it
        won't do anything else. Has the motherboard been fried? Any
        suggestions would be appreciated.

        > Vic

        Vic,
        My Vivante SE recently died too for the same reason. The power supply
        blinks but nothing else. Please let me
        know if you find out what happened and how to fix it. Thanks
        Susan