Battery for Vivante XL

  • Erich Fickel
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2002
      I own a Vivante XL whose battery is no longer what it used to be.
      Unfortunately, I cannot find a replacement battery anywhere. I believe the
      battery to be a Panasonic creation, model CGR-B/818AE. I have tried
      Panasonic, iGo, 4batteries, and about a dozen other places. No luck.

      So, I went to www.electrovaya.com, the makers of the PowerPad. The "Pad" is
      an external battery which connects to the DC (where you plug in your AC
      adaptor) input on notebook computers, and it is capable of 8-12 hours of
      usage. I called the company to ask about compatibility. I spoke with the
      product manager. He asked questions about the AC adapter (Lien Electronics,
      Inc., model LE-9702A). Everything was fine, except perhaps the barrel
      connector. He couldn't say it would work without looking at the connector.

      Now, I don't know where else to turn. Does anyone have knowledge a
      compatible battery for my otherwise capable companion?

      -Erich Fickel>
      ---
    • S.R. Pagni
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 28, 2002
        Erich,
        I have a battery somewhere for a XL..never been used..
        make offer
        Steven
        > I own a Vivante XL whose battery is no longer what it used to be.
        > Unfortunately, I cannot find a replacement battery anywhere. I believe the
        > battery to be a Panasonic creation, model CGR-B/818AE. I have tried
        > Panasonic, iGo, 4batteries, and about a dozen other places. No luck.
        >
        > So, I went to www.electrovaya.com, the makers of the PowerPad. The "Pad"
        is
        > an external battery which connects to the DC (where you plug in your AC
        > adaptor) input on notebook computers, and it is capable of 8-12 hours of
        > usage. I called the company to ask about compatibility. I spoke with the
        > product manager. He asked questions about the AC adapter (Lien
        Electronics,
        > Inc., model LE-9702A). Everything was fine, except perhaps the barrel
        > connector. He couldn't say it would work without looking at the connector.
        >
        > Now, I don't know where else to turn. Does anyone have knowledge a
        > compatible battery for my otherwise capable companion?
        >
        > -Erich Fickel>
        > ---

      • Les Tyrrell
        Message 3 of 3 , May 7, 2002
          Mine is now dead too- I plan to try opening it up, since noone has had any
          luck in finding a replacement module. My guess is that this battery pack most
          likely uses standard Lithium Ion cells, which I think I can find on the web
          ( either at Panasonic, or perhaps at SR batteries ). Used to have to do this
          all the time for my R/C models, so I don't really expect this to be a big
          deal, aside from figuring out how to open the case up without doing too much
          damge to it.

          - les