Infrared on SE

  • fot_laser
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2002
      Hello,

      I have never used the infra-red port on my SE-indeed I don't seem to
      have the "irmon" program that was asociated with it! How can I re-
      install this program, and if the IR port a good way to transfer files
      to a new laptop?

      Thanks,

      Ben III
    • Brooks K. Rownd
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2002
        On Apr 03, 2002 at 04:06AM (-0000), fot_laser said:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I have never used the infra-red port on my SE-indeed I don't seem to
        > have the "irmon" program that was asociated with it! How can I re-
        > install this program, and if the IR port a good way to transfer files
        > to a new laptop?

        You have to enable the port with the right setting in BIOS, and enable
        file sharing. Then I had to download and install some bit of driver code
        to run it - nothing particularly fancy. I can't remember the name, but
        I did some web and newsgroup digging beforehand to find some good
        instructions. Fiddle with the settings on both sides for a while until
        they "see" each other. It's slick, if slow - I used to connect to printers
        and other laptops with it. It was about the best way available to connect
        two Window$ machines.

        good luck,
        brooks