Vivante XL Hard Drive

  • dcv
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2002
      Hey Folks,

      I have a Vivante XL, running Mandrake Linux, and life couldn't be
      better. Execept for one little detail..... I need more space! When
      I bought my Transmonde I thought, at the time, that 2 GB would be
      more space than I could EVER use. Well, I was curious if anyone out
      there has upgraded their hard drive, and if they knew of any
      major "gotcha's!".

      Thanks

      Dean V.
    • Brooks K. Rownd
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 11, 2002
        On Mar 11, 2002 at 03:59PM (-0000), dcv said:

        > Hey Folks,
        >
        > I have a Vivante XL, running Mandrake Linux, and life couldn't be
        > better. Execept for one little detail..... I need more space! When
        > I bought my Transmonde I thought, at the time, that 2 GB would be
        > more space than I could EVER use. Well, I was curious if anyone out
        > there has upgraded their hard drive, and if they knew of any
        > major "gotcha's!".

        Well..you need the drive cage, which I guess you can strip
        off your original drive. There might be a drive size limit in
        the BIOS...

        good luck,
        bkr