Hard Drive update

  • Ben & Alcira McConnell
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9, 2001
      Thanks for the info so far!

      My BIOS is a SystemSoft Intel Version 440BX 10.01 248-00

      Maybe someone can tell me if that will support larger than 8GB hard
      drive!

      I am looking at a IBM DARA-206000 Go to
      http://www.storage.ibm.com/techsup/hddtech/dara12gn/dara12gn_ps.pdf

      Maybe someone can tell me if this looks like a "direct plugin"?

      I think it is-but I know there are people out there who know much
      more than me!

      I thought Hitachi makes a 8GB, but I can't find it!

      Larry, where did you buy your upgrade?

      Ben III
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 9, 2001
        On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Ben & Alcira McConnell wrote:

        > I am looking at a IBM DARA-206000 Go to
        > http://www.storage.ibm.com/techsup/hddtech/dara12gn/dara12gn_ps.pdf

        That's my drive exactly. You'll have no problem.

        Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Washington, D.C.
        Home1: PO Box 914 Silver Spring, MD 20910-0914 kenny@...
        Home2: 38010 Village Cmn. #217 Fremont, CA 94536-7525 (510) 745-0101