RE: [transmonde] Homepage -- Possible VIRUS WARNING!

  • David Stadel
    Message 1 of 8 , May 15, 2001
      RE: [transmonde] Homepage -- Possible VIRUS WARNING!

      Nice job Jessica.  That message did contain a virus...be advised that it is making the rounds.  That is the third time I've seen it in the last week.

      Message 2 of 8 , May 15, 2001
        RE: [transmonde] Homepage -- Possible VIRUS WARNING!

        Here is a link desribing the virus..
        http://vil.nai.com/vil/virusSummary.asp?virus_k=99082

        So what does the virus do ??  This way I can find out if I have been
        infected.

        Steve Crisci

        This last e-mail that Bill Weldon sent out MAY be a virus.  It sure is
        suspicious to me.  I use pine so I am not susceptible to VB viruses.  It
        would be a good idea for everyone on this list to check their computer for
        viruses RIGHT AWAY to ensure you are safe -- even if you didn't see a
        message from Bill Weldon or didn't click on the e-mail.  Be careful.

        Bill Weldon has been removed from the mailing list and I e-mailed him
        concerning the virus.  He is welcome to join again provided that the
        e-mail was not a virus and was not sent on purpose.

        Jess

        On Tue, 15 May 2001, Bill Weldon wrote:

        > Hi!
        >
        > You've got to see this page! It's really cool ;O)

      • Jessica Boyd
        Message 3 of 8 , May 15, 2001
          Thanks for the link there David -- I didn't know what the virus
          did. Ooh, I've got to go delete Bill's message from the website archive
          too. Eek.

          Jess

          On Tue, 15 May 2001, David Stadel wrote:

          > Here is a link desribing the virus..
          > http://vil.nai.com/vil/virusSummary.asp?virus_k=99082

        • George Knierim
          Message 4 of 8 , May 15, 2001
            I have Norton Antivirus 2001, with the latest updates, monitoring my email and attachments.  It didn't report a virus on Mr. Weldon's email or attachment.  After reading your replies I specifically ran the antivirus program with Mr. Weldon's email still in my inbox and it didn't report finding a virus.  If anyone can definitely determine if a virus is attached please let me know because it means I have a problem with my protection.

            George Knierim
            SE2266
          • Dave Smith
            Message 5 of 8 , May 15, 2001
              George wrote:

              >If anyone can definitely determine if a virus is attached
              >please let me know because it means I have a problem with
              >my protection.

              I use McAfee virus protection. It identified the virus immediately, on first receipt of the infected message. You might consider changing your virus protection.

              Regards,
              Dave
            • Bill Weldon
              Message 6 of 8 , May 16, 2001
                Ladies and Gentleman,

                I do most humbly appologise. I received this virus from my office and
                opened it by mistake. It was from a person I frequently receive email from
                and trusted.

                I do use McAfee Virus protection but must not be up to date on the latest
                DAT file.

                Again,
                Very Sorry,
                Bill Weldon