RE: [transmonde] Homepage -- Possible VIRUS WARNING!

  • Crisci, Steven E.
    Message 1 of 8 , May 15 11:47 AM
      So what does the virus do ?? This way I can find out if I have been
      infected.

      Steve Crisci

      Message 2 of 8 , May 15 11:47 AM
        RE: [transmonde] Homepage -- Possible VIRUS WARNING!

        Nice job Jessica.  That message did contain a virus...be advised that it is making the rounds.  That is the third time I've seen it in the last week.

        Message 3 of 8 , May 15 11:53 AM
          RE: [transmonde] Homepage -- Possible VIRUS WARNING!

          Here is a link desribing the virus..
          http://vil.nai.com/vil/virusSummary.asp?virus_k=99082

          So what does the virus do ??  This way I can find out if I have been
          infected.

          Steve Crisci

          This last e-mail that Bill Weldon sent out MAY be a virus.  It sure is
          suspicious to me.  I use pine so I am not susceptible to VB viruses.  It
          would be a good idea for everyone on this list to check their computer for
          viruses RIGHT AWAY to ensure you are safe -- even if you didn't see a
          message from Bill Weldon or didn't click on the e-mail.  Be careful.

          Bill Weldon has been removed from the mailing list and I e-mailed him
          concerning the virus.  He is welcome to join again provided that the
          e-mail was not a virus and was not sent on purpose.

          Jess

          On Tue, 15 May 2001, Bill Weldon wrote:

          > Hi!
          >
          > You've got to see this page! It's really cool ;O)

        • Jessica Boyd
          Message 4 of 8 , May 15 11:56 AM
            Thanks for the link there David -- I didn't know what the virus
            did. Ooh, I've got to go delete Bill's message from the website archive
            too. Eek.

            Jess

            On Tue, 15 May 2001, David Stadel wrote:

            > Here is a link desribing the virus..
            > http://vil.nai.com/vil/virusSummary.asp?virus_k=99082

          • George Knierim
            Message 5 of 8 , May 15 12:56 PM
              I have Norton Antivirus 2001, with the latest updates, monitoring my email and attachments.  It didn't report a virus on Mr. Weldon's email or attachment.  After reading your replies I specifically ran the antivirus program with Mr. Weldon's email still in my inbox and it didn't report finding a virus.  If anyone can definitely determine if a virus is attached please let me know because it means I have a problem with my protection.

              George Knierim
              SE2266
            • Dave Smith
              Message 6 of 8 , May 15 1:46 PM
                George wrote:

                >If anyone can definitely determine if a virus is attached
                >please let me know because it means I have a problem with
                >my protection.

                I use McAfee virus protection. It identified the virus immediately, on first receipt of the infected message. You might consider changing your virus protection.

                Regards,
                Dave
              • Bill Weldon
                Message 7 of 8 , May 16 6:51 AM
                  Ladies and Gentleman,

                  I do most humbly appologise. I received this virus from my office and
                  opened it by mistake. It was from a person I frequently receive email from
                  and trusted.

                  I do use McAfee Virus protection but must not be up to date on the latest
                  DAT file.

                  Again,
                  Very Sorry,
                  Bill Weldon