video driver for SE?

  • Ben & Alcira McConnell
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2001
      My SE crashed out bigtime-Windows software problem-was getting "not
      ready to read drive C" message-my tech recovered most of my C-drive
      info and has formatted and installed windows 98SE, however he is
      having problems getting the screen to show full size-it is about 2/3
      size now with 24 bit resolution-I supplied him with the "white"
      transmonde driver CD-still no full size screen-any ideas-please e-
      mail fotlaser@... (me) or my tech at Kpnhook@... or
      Dixiecom@...

      Also, any advice on the Windows problem would be appreciated, perhaps
      someone knows which boot driver can cause this error message!

      Thanks,

      Ben III
    • Tamalita
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2001
        I actually did the exact same thing and had the exact same problem. I don't
        remember exactly what I did...but I know that I had to load the right
        driver. It did not automatically load witht he 'white' CD. I don't have
        that computer in front of me at the moment, so I'm sorry if this isn't too
        much help. I think I went to the control panel, add/remove hardware. I did
        this while the white CD was in place. then, I selected the option to
        install the monitor or display...I was able to browse the disk at that point
        and look for the correct file. I actually had the same problem with
        sound---no sound!!

        I will try and look at the laptop tomorrow and get a better idea so I can
        give clearer instructions. tm

        on 4/5/01 9:25 PM, Ben & Alcira McConnell at fotlaser@...

        --
        Tammy May
      • Ashot Bord
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 7, 2001
          RE: no full screen display

          Two possible places to check:
          1) Windows: display properties:
          --- Right click anywhere (not on files) on the windows desktop. Select Properties. (Alternatively go: ControlPanel _Display)
          --- In the opened DisplayProperties Select tab Settings
          ---Move the slider to the correct screen size(resolution) i.e. if you have 12" -- 800x600, if 13" and up 1024x768 etc.
          ---Accept the changes.
          2) if 1) doesn't help -- check BIOS (F2 on bootup), so the STARTUP_LCD shows something like EXPAND: Text and Graphics. This actually should be described in the original User's Guide (and included leaflett).

          Hope it helps.

          Ashot

          P.S. If you not sure about going into BIOS -- find the User's Guide first, you may find out some other settings to check. Also this may answer your question as for Why you got the error firsthand -- this could indicate your BIOS "forgot" the HD's type ---sign of dieing infamous CMOS battery.

          Sign up for your free web based email today!
          http://www.n2mail.com