RE: [transmonde] Transmonde dead battery

  • Dave Dawson
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9, 2001
      I had the same problem with another brand notebook. I took it apart & the
      connector was solid into the mother board. However, with a penlight and
      magnifying glass I could see into the interior of the connector and
      discovered the plastic base of the center pin was cracked. GameOver.

      The power supply for my Vibrant LS did the same thing at the point where the
      AC line plugs into the box. (I'm awful hard on stuff) I looted a power
      supply from a dead Twinhead and spliced the Transmonde plug that goes into
      the laptop onto it & it worked like a champ. (I have to create a diversion
      when the safety inspectors make a sweep of our building)

      I've inquired directly via e-mail to the Taiwanese company ASE about a main
      battery since their model called the Falcon II (http://www.aset-tp.com.tw/)
      looks & specs out exactly like the Vibrant LS, but don't have much hope.

      Dave Dawson, Assistant Director
      Education & Training Programs
      Division of Technology, Research & Development
      University of West Florida
      11000 University Parkway
      Bldg. 77 Rm. 115
      Pensacola, FL 32514