DVD for Vivante XL

  • derek@healthstrata.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2001
      Anyone have a DVD drive for Vivante XL that they are no longer using?
      The one I've got came with a CD instead and I would love to upgrade.
      Willing to pay reasonable price plus shipping.
    • Larry Adams
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 17, 2001
        Be aware that you have to have an MPEG decoder built-in to use a DVD drive.
        I believe the decoder is a daughter card that plugs into the main board,
        behind the card that houses the CPU. I haven't ever tried to add a DVD to
        my Vivante XL, but from what I've heard it would've required an upgrade to
        the mainboard by the Transmonde folks. Good luck, hope I'm wrong.