Re: [transmonde] Disassembly instructins for Vivante XL Needed!

  • Ashot Bord
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 16, 2000
      Jim,

      You can check out disass instructions on
      http://www.transmondesos.net aka

      http://computriots.tripod.com/faq_disass.htm

      Dennis van Leeuwen posted recently his experience disassembling his Vivante. It's quite detailed. So check it out!

      You can also browse Jessica's MessBoard
      http://www.voy.com/912/

      Hope it helps.

      AB
      --

      What are you N2? Choose from 150 free e-mail addresses.
      http://www.n2mail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 16, 2000
        Jim,

        P.S.
        Since you're at the very begining of your disass experience, it'd be great if you'd take pictures of the way you progress in your disassembly, and afterwards putting it back altogether. This would be of a great help to your followers and by the way the first PHOTO contribution into solving of this issue so far. If you can do this -- let me know so I could post it on transmondesos.net. Anyways -- good luck!

        Thanks,

        AB

        --

        What are you N2? Choose from 150 free e-mail addresses.
        http://www.n2mail.com
      • Guillermo Berardone
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 26, 2000
          I am not sure what stage you got to, but I once had to change the
          lithium battery inside the XL and had to really take it apart!

          In order to get to the battery I needed to remove the Vivanté XL
          sticker, (there's a hidden screw in there beneath the sticker), then I
          had to remove the front of the LCD display, which allowed to remove
          the top of the fan area etc. and then I managed to get near the area
          where the battery was located.

          This was almost complete disassembly of the machine. I don't have any
          instructions, except I recommend you make notes and drawings of where you
          remove screws from since ther are a lot of them!

          Good Luck,
          Guillermo Berardone