Re: Taking apart a Vivante XL

  • tyrrell@canis.uiuc.edu
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2000
      --- In transmonde@egroups.com, Jim Carey <jcarey@u...> wrote:
      > This is the kind of thing I'd love to pass off to a service
      > group, but I haven't found one to deal with this problem. My wife
      used
      > to like to read while lying in bed with the laptop on her knees.
      This
      > put a
      > lot of stress on the little socket that the power plug connects
      into,
      > and it
      > has separated from the motherboard.
      >
      > At this point, I've taken the system apart down to the motherboard
      > sitting
      > in the remains of the case, but I can't seem to get it out of the
      case.
      > It seems
      > to be caught under that little fan in the middle back of the
      system. If
      > I could
      > get it out, I can fix the connector.
      >
      > Anyone know how to take that one last step???
      >

      > Jim Carey

      Remove the hexagonal screw posts. These are what were supporting your
      CPU module, as well as the IRDA port.

      - les ( Mine's sitting in lots of pieces on my desk right now- I need
      bios error beep code information to find out why its dead- failing
      that, I'm replacing the base RAM, if I can figure out what chip to
      use... yada yada yada... at any rate, good luck! )