Re: [transmonde] Help! - Vivante SE

  • nandi@cstone.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 29, 2000
      Larry, Thanks for your reply. Someone in IT has told me that it is better
      for a laptop to replace the hard drive with the same manufactuer, make, and
      model. He says the one in my machine is a Hitachi DK2378-32.

      Is it necessary to get the same mfg, make, and model?

      Is it necessary to get Hitachi?

      My IT friend says that if another hard drive is used, there could be
      compatibility problems with the motherboard, that such problems are common
      with notebooks.

      Thanks again for your help.
    • Richard Paz
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 29, 2000
        FYI - You can use (and should use) a different hdd. IMHO the IBM Travelstar
        is an excellent substitute (See the Transmonde info page for other user
        opinions of the Travelstar and the Hitachi). I've got a 12GB Travelstar
        installed and it works fine.