Re: [transmonde] Screen flicker on a Vivante SE

  • kenny@panix.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2000
      Anyone know what is causing this, and what the solution is?

      Yeah, the cable from the display to the motherboard gets worked out of
      its socket. I've taken my machine apart several times (for this and other
      things) and that always fixes it.

      -Kenny
    • Lou
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2000
        Now I hear this. I had a similar problem with my Vivante XL, where the
        screen would cut out at times when moved back or forward. On a trip
        checking GPS, I hit some Freeway rough spots and lost the screen. I would
        have to click the on/off switch once to turn it off completely, then turn
        it on again. This happened several times on the trip so I finally gave up

        I sent it to a 3rd party repair site. After a few days they told me they
        had it fixed, then 2 hours later they told me that after closing it up, it
        no longer worked at all. They tried again for a few more days but could
        not get it to work at all. They sent it back, charging only the return
        shipping. My feeling is that they did something fatal but I have no way to
        prove it. I recently sold it for parts.

        At 06:54 PM 7/2/00 -0400, you wrote:
        > Anyone know what is causing this, and what the solution is?
        >
        >Yeah, the cable from the display to the motherboard gets worked out of
        >its socket. I've taken my machine apart several times (for this and other
        >things) and that always fixes it.
        >
        > -Kenny

        Warm regards
        Lou
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3, 2000
          --- In transmonde@egroups.com, <kenny@p...> wrote:
          > Anyone know what is causing this, and what the solution is?
          >
          > Yeah, the cable from the display to the motherboard gets worked out
          of
          > its socket. I've taken my machine apart several times (for this and
          other
          > things) and that always fixes it.
          >
          > -Kenny

          Thanks, Kenny. I'm glad Lou responded to your message, because for
          some reason I never got it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have seen it. Now
          I know to always check the archive at eGroups, just in case something
          doesn't make it through.

          -Phil