Large hard disk questions

  • Larry Latson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2000
      Hi all,

      I recently upgraded my hard drive (as discussed in other threads).
      Using Linux I created a 2GB C: drive and a 9GB
      second D: drive for Win98 to install itself onto.

      However I just noticed that in my BIOS the disk is
      recognized as only 8024MB.

      Now I'm afraid to fill up the D: drive - will the
      computer be able to read it? Scandisk doesn't seem to
      have a problem with it, but the drive only has about
      1GB of data on it.

      There was a discussion on http://www.voy.com/912/ about
      getting a BIOS upgrade from ASE, but I've emailed them
      myself and as yet have no response. I have a Vivante SE,
      and the BIOS date is reported as 1983-1996. Others have
      said that their date is reported as 1983-1998.

      So my question is: Is this going to come back and bite me?
      Or is it some silly limitation that is only a problem on
      boot-up?

      Thanks!
      LL
      --
      Larry A Latson, Jr.
      Work: (216) 533-9031 Home: (216) 371-6140