      Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2005 5:05 AM
      Subject: Re: [transmonde] Re: Windows XP

      Hi Phil,

      OOPS! I made a typo. The speed is 233, not 133, Pentium II, 256 MB. Sorry for the confusion.

      Dave

      Phil Calvert <pcalvert@...> wrote:

      Hi Dave,

      Thanks for the reply.  That's interesting.  I never would've guessed
      that WinXP would run on a 133 MHz processor.

      The reason I asked about Windows XP is because I am really interested
      in Windows 2000.  I figured that if WinXP will run okay, then Windows
      2000 should run great.  My Vivante SE has a 300 MHz Pentium II and 256
      MB of RAM, which should be fine for Win2K if WinXP runs okay on your 133.

      Phil

      --- In transmonde@yahoogroups.com, Dave Smith <aca_photon@y...> wrote:
      > I've used Windows XP on my Vivante SE for a few years, at 133 MHz
      with a 12 Gig hard drive. It does well. But at that speed it's a bit
      slow for today's requirements. I just bought an HP to upgrade for
      general use (3.2 GHz, 80 Gig drive); and I'll relagate the Transmonde
      to a support role. I've had lots of good years of service from it -
      it's an old friend.

      > Dave

      Do you Yahoo!?