476Re: Buy RAM for a Vivante SE

  • ozzieoz120
    Aug 20 7:28 AM
      --- In transmonde@y..., Dan Christensen <jdc@u...> wrote:
      > "ozzieoz120" <mnosports@y...> writes:
      >
      > > I have a vivante SE laptop with 32megs of RAM and I would like to
      > > upgrade. On the laptop it has 8mb ram on board and a 24mb chip in
      its
      > > only slot. The manual says it can only go to 64.
      >
      > My Vivante SE has 192M of RAM: 64M + 128M. (By the way, I'm not
      sure
      > what you mean by 8M "on board".)
      >
      > > Where can I buy memory for this laptop?
      > > I would like a 64meg chip.
      >
      > I got mine at crucial.com.
      >
      > Dan

      Thanks Dan for your response!

      What I mean by "on-board" is when I removed my 24mb chip, the laptop
      ran on it own at 8mb of ram. Does your laptop has only 1 slot for
      adding memory? Mine does.

      Also, I went on crucial.com and I saw the edo ram, 144 pins. Is this
      the one you're using?

      thanks
      Ozzie
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic