46[transmonde] Re: LCD

  • liber1@excite.com
    Aug 7 3:36 PM
      <199907182200.saa0265-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/transmonde/?start=42
      > >My LCD from day one was dimmer than a passive display, and I know that
      > >Transmonde doesn't use passive displays...About a month ago it started
      > >flickering brighter...like I expect it should look. Mind you I sent it
      > >in twice before for service, the reseated the wires and no improvment.
      >
      > This sounds like a problem I've been having with mine. The first
      > few months I owned it there were no problems. Then for a month
      > there was a random fluctuation or flickering in the backlight
      > brightness. Like a poor contact or bad backlight bulb. This makes
      > it impossible to use.
      >
      > I sent it in once and they say they moved the wires, but the problem
      > remained when I got it back. I was travelling with it for the next
      > month and the problem went away during that time. Two months later it
      > returned again, but deadlines have kept me from investigating the
      > problem further.
      >
      > I have had it open in the same position on my desk for the last six
      > weeks, because one day it wasn't flickering when I started it up and
      > I haven't moved it since. As long as I don't move it, it works great.
      > When I get all of my files backed up, maybe this week, I'll start
      > working with Transmonde again to try to figure out what to do with it.
      >
      > Otherwise, it runs like a dream.
      > That makes it all the more frustrating...
      >
      > brooks

      I had a similar problem with mine originally. I received it at the end of December, and after approx. 1 month it would flicker and become dimmer, going brighter as I moved the screen. At the beginning of March I had to have the screen replaced (my fault--I dropped it. They were great about the repair). Since then I have had no problems whatsoever.

      Sounds like an LCD problem to me.

      Bob R.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic