431Re: [transmonde] Infrared on SE

  • Brooks K. Rownd
    Apr 3, 2002
      On Apr 03, 2002 at 04:06AM (-0000), fot_laser said:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I have never used the infra-red port on my SE-indeed I don't seem to
      > have the "irmon" program that was asociated with it! How can I re-
      > install this program, and if the IR port a good way to transfer files
      > to a new laptop?

      You have to enable the port with the right setting in BIOS, and enable
      file sharing. Then I had to download and install some bit of driver code
      to run it - nothing particularly fancy. I can't remember the name, but
      I did some web and newsgroup digging beforehand to find some good
      instructions. Fiddle with the settings on both sides for a while until
      they "see" each other. It's slick, if slow - I used to connect to printers
      and other laptops with it. It was about the best way available to connect
      two Window$ machines.

      good luck,
      brooks
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic