348Re: [transmonde] Transmondes still in use

    Nov 1, 2001
      On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Les Tyrrell wrote:

      > My Vivante/XL is still chugging along serving my desktop replacement needs
      > rather well, aside from finally running out of space on my disk drive.

      Heh. I took care of that twice already.

      > My only real wish-list item would be to have a better suspend/resume feature,
      > and perhaps a utility to provide a RAM disk

      I assume the XL is different from my SE? I have flawless disk suspend/resume
      (even under Linux, the only OS it boots) and I can even suspend-to-RAM if I
      set the right bit (also doable from a command-line).

      Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Washington, D.C.
      Home1: PO Box 914 Silver Spring, MD 20910-0914 kenny@...
      Home2: 38010 Village Cmn. #217 Fremont, CA 94536-7525 (510) 745-0101
      Work: 5141 California Suite 200, Irvine, CA 92612 (949) 737-2785
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic