Issa and the hakama, formal trouser-skirt

  • Greve Gabi
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2006
      hakama kite shiba ni gorori to ne no hi kana

      first day of the rat -
      he fell asleep on the lawn
      in his formal trousers

      waka-gusa ni betari to netaru hakama kana

      on the young green
      he is fast asleep -
      in his formal trousers

      Tr. Gabi Greve

      I have been working on the day of the rat, when I found these. So I made
      another file for the

      HAKAMA
      http://haikutopics.blogspot.com/2006/12/trouser-skirt-hakama.html

      David Lanoue translates this hakama as "sword's sheath" .

      Check the link for more details on this please.

      Sakuo san, do you have a haiga on any of these hakama haiku?

      And does anyone know more haiku with the HAKAMA ?

      GABI