Welcome to this Group !

  • Gabi for Worldkigo
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 13, 2006
      Dear Haiku Friends,
      welcome to this new open discussion forum!

      It is OPEN, so mind your manners, please, so that we can keep it
      open !

      Read the basics here, I will add more to this entry:
      http://happyhaiku.blogspot.com/2000/07/translating-haiku-forum.html

      For new members, please write us about your languages and your
      intrest in translating haiku!

      Greetings from Japan
      GABI GREVE

      http://happyhaiku.blogspot.com/

      The World Kigo Database
      http://worldkigodatabase.blogspot.com/
    • Grzegorz Sionkowski
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14, 2006
        "Gabi for Worldkigo" <worldkigo@...> wrote:

        > Dear Haiku Friends,
        > welcome to this new open discussion forum!
        >
        > It is OPEN...

        Hi,

        I am interested in raw translations of Japanese
        haiku, cultural background of the matter presented
        in the haiku, pieces of the poet's biography,
        meanings of homonyms of words used, etc. - everything
        useful to create a poetic version of the translation,
        as full of proper meanings as it is possible.
        I am a Pole. I do not even think to create a poetic
        English versions, but I think discussion with me may
        be fruitful ;-)
        I hope discussion in English will help me to create
        quite good translations in Polish.

        Best regards,
        Grzegorz