Re: Any Details on the Waterfront West LRT Roncies to Ex Options?

  • IAN MCCREA
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2006
      "The routes suggested for Strachen to Dufferin are: From Exhibition loop,
      through the Ex to Dufferin; North on Strachen, then across the north
      side of the tracks to Dufferin; Along Lake Shore to Dufferin."

      OK, I'm confused. If you're going towards Dufferin from Ex Loop, you can't
      then go north on Strachan as it is at the east end of the CNE (near the
      Princes' Gates).

      Ian McCrea
      Toronto, ON
    • Darwin O'Connor
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2006
        IAN MCCREA wrote:

        > "The routes suggested for Strachen to Dufferin are: From Exhibition loop,
        > through the Ex to Dufferin; North on Strachen, then across the north
        > side of the tracks to Dufferin; Along Lake Shore to Dufferin."
        >
        > OK, I'm confused. If you're going towards Dufferin from Ex Loop, you can't
        > then go north on Strachan as it is at the east end of the CNE (near the
        > Princes' Gates).

        Both the route that going north on Strachen and the Lake Shore route
        would not go through Exhibition loop. In fact, depending on what is
        decided, Exhibition loop may be shut down and moved.

        Darwin O'Connor
      • drum118
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2006
          --- In transit-toronto@yahoogroups.com, Darwin O'Connor <doconnor@...>
          wrote:

          > IAN MCCREA wrote:
          >

          > > "The routes suggested for Strachen to Dufferin are: From
          Exhibition loop,
          > > through the Ex to Dufferin; North on Strachen, then across the north
          > > side of the tracks to Dufferin; Along Lake Shore to Dufferin."
          > >
          > > OK, I'm confused. If you're going towards Dufferin from Ex Loop,
          you can't
          > > then go north on Strachan as it is at the east end of the CNE
          (near the
          > > Princes' Gates).
          >
          > Both the route that going north on Strachen and the Lake Shore route
          > would not go through Exhibition loop. In fact, depending on what is
          > decided, Exhibition loop may be shut down and moved.
          >
          > Darwin O'Connor

          Lake Shore route will go south on Strachen while the north side would
          go north. A new bridge would have to be built over the rail tracks for
          the streetcars and it is part of the relineament of Strachen.

          A new loop is to be built on the opposite side of Dufferin St for the
          current loop. The current loop would be remove.

          An ROW will be on Dufferin St from Lake Shore to Queen Street. This
          will mean no parking on Dufferin St at all and will go over like a
          lead balloon.

          Dave
        • drum118
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 1, 2006
            wrote:

            > IAN MCCREA wrote:
            >

            > > "The routes suggested for Strachen to Dufferin are: From
            Exhibition loop,
            > > through the Ex to Dufferin; North on Strachen, then across the north
            > > side of the tracks to Dufferin; Along Lake Shore to Dufferin."
            > >
            > > OK, I'm confused. If you're going towards Dufferin from Ex Loop,
            you can't
            > > then go north on Strachan as it is at the east end of the CNE
            (near the
            > > Princes' Gates).
            >
            > Both the route that going north on Strachen and the Lake Shore route
            > would not go through Exhibition loop. In fact, depending on what is
            > decided, Exhibition loop may be shut down and moved.
            >
            > Darwin O'Connor

            Lake Shore route will go south on Strachen while the north side would
            go north. A new bridge would have to be built over the rail tracks for
            the streetcars and it is part of the relineament of Strachen.

            A new loop is to be built on the opposite side of Dufferin St for the
            current loop. The current loop would be remove.

            An ROW will be on Dufferin St from Lake Shore to Queen Street. This
            will mean no parking on Dufferin St at all and will go over like a
            lead balloon.

            Dave
          • Mike Olivier
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 1, 2006
              The existing Exhibition streetcar loop has a terrible
              300m walking transfer to the GO Train, even tho the
              streetcar tracks pass right by the GO Train entrance!

              Not enticing to users when its such a bad design. I
              can see have the loop's mass entrance where it is, so
              people can get on their particular streetcar route,
              and there is lots of trackspace for waiting cars. But
              an 'all stop' to pick up & to let off transfering
              passengers, plus a door in the fence, would solve this
              problem.

              I believe I also read that the CNE's not keen on the
              Ex Loop's streetcar entrance cuz of a possible change
              in the building to the south. When I was at the Royal
              Agricultural Fair the walkway (with the walkway roof
              above the roofs of the 2 adjacent buildings) was
              closed, forcing us all to walk around.

              As for a replacement loop, hopefully it'll be closer
              to the GO Train, and better designed.

              --- Darwin O'Connor <doconnor@...> a
              écrit :
              > > "The routes suggested for Strachen to Dufferin
              > are: From Exhibition loop,
              > > through the Ex to Dufferin; North on Strachen,
              > then across the north
              > > side of the tracks to Dufferin; Along Lake Shore
              > to Dufferin."
              > >
              > Both the route that going north on Strachen and the
              > Lake Shore route
              > would not go through Exhibition loop. In fact,
              > depending on what is
              > decided, Exhibition loop may be shut down and moved.

              En finir avec le spam? Yahoo! Courriel vous offre la meilleure protection possible contre les messages non nollicités
              http://mail.yahoo.ca Yahoo! Courriel
            • jfm_designs1234567890
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 3, 2006
                --- In transit-toronto@yahoogroups.com, "drum118" <drum118@...> wrote:

                > --- In transit-toronto@yahoogroups.com, Darwin O'Connor <doconnor@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > IAN MCCREA wrote:
                > >

                > > > "The routes suggested for Strachen to Dufferin are: From
                > Exhibition loop,
                > > > through the Ex to Dufferin; North on Strachen, then across the north
                > > > side of the tracks to Dufferin; Along Lake Shore to Dufferin."
                > > >
                > > > OK, I'm confused. If you're going towards Dufferin from Ex Loop,
                > you can't
                > > > then go north on Strachan as it is at the east end of the CNE
                > (near the
                > > > Princes' Gates).
                > >
                > > Both the route that going north on Strachen and the Lake Shore route
                > > would not go through Exhibition loop. In fact, depending on what is
                > > decided, Exhibition loop may be shut down and moved.
                > >
                > > Darwin O'Connor
                > >

                > Lake Shore route will go south on Strachen while the north side would
                > go north. A new bridge would have to be built over the rail tracks for
                > the streetcars and it is part of the relineament of Strachen.
                >
                > A new loop is to be built on the opposite side of Dufferin St for the
                > current loop. The current loop would be remove.
                >
                > An ROW will be on Dufferin St from Lake Shore to Queen Street. This
                > will mean no parking on Dufferin St at all and will go over like a
                > lead balloon.
                >
                > Dave

                What about an ROW on the proposed Front Street Extension, and replace
                Exhibition Loop with one on the north side connected to the Ex via the
                GO Transit underpass.