RE: [tracker2] Digipeating ready for more testing

  • Curt Mills
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 15, 2006
      On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 scott@... wrote:

      > You're going to have to wait a little bit now - I started restructuring the
      > code, and it'll probably take an hour or two to finish if I don't mangle it
      > totally.

      I have to wait a bit longer than that. I appear to be having
      trouble with my vendor. Wah. Hope you guys are having fun. I'm
      with you in spirit.

      --
      Curt, WE7U. archer at eskimo dot com
      http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 16, 2006
        Have you gotten a "TO" address for the OT2 as a digi from Bob (APR)?
        You know like APN383 for a KPC3+ with 8.3 ROMs.?
      • scott@opentrac.org
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 16, 2006
          He assigned APOT?? to me as a prefix.. the T2 is using APOT2A right now.

        • Jason Rausch
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 16, 2006
            I have been out on the road all day and I just came in
            for a little lunch. I went ahead and loaded up my T2
            with the digi code. So far, looks like its working
            great. I had to disconnect the computer from it and
            set it on the other side of the room. Everytime it
            keyed up, my computer would lockup, haha. Not the
            OT2's fault.

            A couple of things came to mind: In the config
            program, when you get around to that. How about an
            "alias" box with multiple choices and check boxes next
            to each of them, that way all or any combination of
            set aliases could be chosen and used.

            Ex:

            WIDEn-n
            TRACEn-n
            WIDE (Might want to consider dropping)
            RELAY (Might want to consider dropping)
            SSn-n (add a drop-down box here to choose the state)

            Second thing is the GPS port, could we have a choice
            in config to make this either a GPS in for the Digi's
            location or make it a monitoring port? So at any
            given time, a terminal could be connected to it for
            monitoring traffic. How about a uni-direction mode
            where the RX pin can only take in GPS data and the TX
            pin only shoots out the monitoring data?

            Just a few first impression thoughts.

            Jason KE4NYV
            www.ke4nyv.com
            RPC Electronics
            www.rpc-electronics.com

            === message truncated ===
          • scott@opentrac.org
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 16, 2006
              > A couple of things came to mind: In the config
              > program, when you get around to that. How about an
              > "alias" box with multiple choices and check boxes next
              > to each of them, that way all or any combination of
              > set aliases could be chosen and used.

              Sounds like what I've been planning. One text field, one numeric
              (spinbutton) control, and some checkboxes:

              Alias Max Hops Enabled Preempt ID

              I figure 5 to 10 entries should be sufficient. The only constraints are
              memory and processing time, and I don't think processing time is going to be
              an issue.

              > Second thing is the GPS port, could we have a choice
              > in config to make this either a GPS in for the Digi's
              > location or make it a monitoring port? So at any

              Actually, should be both right now. It's functioning in normal tracker
              mode, or at least it should be.

              The AP64 chip has a second serial port that I haven't even touched yet. On
              this board, it's available on the 10-pin header. Could be used for anything
              the other one is used for.

              Scott
            • Jason Rausch
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 16, 2006
                --- scott@... wrote:

                > Sounds like what I've been planning. One text
                > field, one numeric
                > (spinbutton) control, and some checkboxes:
                >
                > Alias Max Hops Enabled Preempt ID
                >
                > I figure 5 to 10 entries should be sufficient. The
                > only constraints are
                > memory and processing time, and I don't think
                > processing time is going to be
                > an issue.

                Cool, sounds like we're on the same page. Yeah, I
                assumed the most that people will practically need are
                maybe 5 tops. The basic WIDEn-n, TRACEn-n and SSn-n
                will sufice 95% I would think.

                > Actually, should be both right now. It's
                > functioning in normal tracker
                > mode, or at least it should be.

                Ah, ok! I did'nt test far enough, I will tonight when
                I get home from work.

                > The AP64 chip has a second serial port that I
                > haven't even touched yet. On
                > this board, it's available on the 10-pin header.
                > Could be used for anything
                > the other one is used for.

                Yeah, I was checking that out. Even though I hate the
                idea of buying expensive displays, I wondered about
                using that to interface to a serial LCD and then use
                the remaining IO pins for encoders, switchs, LEDs,
                ect.

                Jason KE4NYV
                www.ke4nyv.com
                RPC Electronics
                www.rpc-electronics.com
              • Curt, WE7U
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 16, 2006
                  On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 scott@... wrote:

                  > The AP64 chip has a second serial port that I haven't even touched yet. On
                  > this board, it's available on the 10-pin header. Could be used for anything
                  > the other one is used for.

                  RDF?

                • Curt, WE7U
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 16, 2006
                    On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, Jason Rausch wrote:

                    > Yeah, I was checking that out. Even though I hate the
                    > idea of buying expensive displays, I wondered about
                    > using that to interface to a serial LCD and then use
                    > the remaining IO pins for encoders, switchs, LEDs,
                    > ect.

                    Use a one-wire device instead and a normal LCD. App-note for doing
                    this is on the Dallas Semi web pages as I recall.