Serial Splitter Cable with txt LCD display on OT2m

  • Ron K7CDL
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 5, 2010
      i see you can setup port B with txt output. has anyone ever setup port B with a LCD display kindof like you can do with a TT4? if you have what pin out have you used to wire a LCD display to port B?
      K7CDL
      Ron
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5, 2010
        On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 9:47 PM, Ron K7CDL
        <wyoming_semi_driver@...> wrote:

        > i see you can setup port B with txt output. has anyone ever setup port B
        > with a LCD display kindof like you can do with a TT4? if you have what
        > pin out have you used to wire a LCD display to port B?

        If you're going to throw an LCD onto an OT2, you would attach it to
        the MON08 header.

        Time for a new acronym... RTFW!

        Read The Frickin' Wiki 8)

        Yup, lots of information about the LCD interface for the OT2 can be found there.

        http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=LCD_Interfacing

        I'm going to have to dig up that sample LCD display I picked up years
        ago, and slap it onto my OT2 soon. I'll have 2 OT2s back in the house
        by tomorrow evening... some of my wayward toys are returning home to
        roost!

        James
      • wyoming_semi_driver@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 5, 2010
          oh my great information. with this setup and my Nuvi 350 I will have such a great setup. thank you so very much for the information it help a lot.
          thanks again,
          K7CDL
          Ron

          Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 10:47 PM
          Subject: Re: [tracker2] Serial Splitter Cable with txt LCD display on OT2m

          <wyoming_semi_ driver@hotmail. com> wrote:

          > i see you can setup port B with txt output. has anyone ever
          setup port B
          > with a LCD display kindof like you can do with a TT4? if
          you have what
          > pin out have you used to wire a LCD display to port
          B?

          If you're going to throw an LCD onto an OT2, you would attach it to
          the MON08 header.

          Time for a new acronym... RTFW!

          Read The Frickin' Wiki 8)

          Yup, lots of information about the LCD interface for the OT2 can be found there.

          http://wiki. argentdata. com/index. php?title= LCD_Interfacing

          I'm going to have to dig up that sample LCD display I picked up years
          ago, and slap it onto my OT2 soon. I'll have 2 OT2s back in the house
          by tomorrow evening... some of my wayward toys are returning home to
          roost!

          James

        • Glenn VE9GJ
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 6, 2010
            Can an LCD Display be connected to a T2-135 also or is the T2-135
            missing the Display connections? I realize cabling is another issue!

            73
            Glenn VE9GJ
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 7, 2010
              Depends entirely on how much soldering to tiny IC pins you want to do!
              It's certainly possible, it's just not very convenient.

              Scott