Re:[tracker2] Re: Help!!!!! Help!!!! connection Traker T2m with Davis Vanta ge Pro2 for APRS

  • ik4mzm
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2010
    Hello!!!!

    here is the documentation that provides DAVIS

    From : tracker2@yahoogroups.com
    To : tracker2@yahoogroups.com
    Cc :
    Date : Thu, 04 Feb 2010 18:57:49 -0000
    Subject : [tracker2] Re: Help!!!!! Help!!!! connection Traker T2m with Davis Vantage Pro2 for APRS

    > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
    > >
    > > Never used one of the APRS loggers, and I haven't even seen the docs on
    > > them. If someone wants to loan me a unit, I'll be happy to try it out.
    > >
    > > Scott
    > >
    > > w4sna wrote:
    > > >

    > > > The Davis APRS streaming logger responds to loop packet requests and
    > > > other commands just like the serial version. The APRS logger reverts to
    > > > streaming mode a set time after the last command.
    > > >
    > > > Theoretically the streaming logger should work with the T2. I have both
    > > > types of loggers. The T2 communicates with the serial logger but doesn't
    > > > communicate with the APRS streaming logger. Maybe Scott can explain what
    > > > is going on.
    > > >
    > > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>, Ben

    > yes ok perfect
    > but I can tell exactly how to set the T2??
    >
    > I have seven so the T2
    >
    > Serial port Mode at 9600 Davis
    >
    > Serial Port B Mode Davis 9600
    >
    > surely you need to enable something else in T2 ???????
    >
    > I tried and tried but nothing I can not get to communicate with the Davis T2.
    >
    > I tried and tried but nothing I can not get to communicate with the Davis T2.
    >
    > HELPPP HELPPP

  • ik4mzm
    Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2010
      Hello,

      me too if I connect through the Davis Terminal Yper sends me out of these data.

      Here are the data that I send out.

      CIAOOOO RISLVERE WE HOPE TO THE PROBLEM

      Would be nice be able to send data via RF (radio) So to be able to see the data in APRS.

      CIAOO hope that Scott can find a way to solve the problem.

      I sonlo to do this thing I bought No. 4 Traker2 and hopefully be able to use them.

      Ciao un saluto da Rimini ITALY

      @061117z4356.42N/01233.42E_000/000g000t072r000p000P000h40b00000.DsVP

      Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2010
        The Davis APRS logger (as I understand it) sends pre-formatted APRS
        messages to a plain old TNC. This isn't what you want for the Tracker2.
        The Tracker2 acts like a PC and polls the station for weather data,
        and then generates APRS packets on its own.

        If the APRS logger still answers the same commands, then it ought to
        work. But there's not much more I can do to troubleshoot without having
        one. I've had a loaner in the office before, but I don't have access to
        one right now, and that one had the standard logger, not the APRS one.

        Scott

        ik4mzm wrote:

        > [Attachment(s) <#TopText> from ik4mzm included below]
        >
        > Hello!!!!
        >
        > here is the documentation that provides DAVIS
        >
        > >From : tracker2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>
        > To : tracker2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>
        > Cc :
        > Date : Thu, 04 Feb 2010 18:57:49 -0000
        > Subject : [tracker2] Re: Help!!!!! Help!!!! connection Traker T2m with
        > Davis Vantage Pro2 for APRS

        > Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Never used one of the APRS loggers, and I haven't even seen the
        > docs on
        > > > them. If someone wants to loan me a unit, I'll be happy to try it out.
        > > >
        > > > Scott

        > reverts to

        > have both
        > doesn't
        > explain what

        > <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > Ben

        > stand to

        > > yes ok perfect
        > > but I can tell exactly how to set the T2??
        > >
        > > I have seven so the T2
        > >
        > > Serial port Mode at 9600 Davis
        > >
        > > Serial Port B Mode Davis 9600
        > >
        > > surely you need to enable something else in T2 ???????
        > >
        > > I tried and tried but nothing I can not get to communicate with the
        > Davis T2.
        > >
        > > I tried and tried but nothing I can not get to communicate with the
        > Davis T2.
        > >
        > > HELPPP HELPPP

      • offtracks1
        Message 4 of 4 , Feb 7, 2010
          So if I buy the regular Davis data logger it will work? Will it show a full normal weather APRS string with wind, gust,rain temp, humidity,baro, ect? How/where do I set the transmission rate for the weather data? Has it proven to be very reliable? This is going on a 8000ft mountain where it can not easily be touched for many months during the winter. My dead line for setup is in June so I have some time to work bugs out here.

          Getting the other data logger would be cheaper for me at this point then buying a KPC3 and a radio to make this system work for the remote weather station. I really like the T2 radio package for this application, I hope I can still use it.

          Thanks