Re: Help!!!!! Help!!!! connection Traker T2m with Davis Vantage Pro2 for APRS

  • IZ4ISN
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 4, 2010

      > Never used one of the APRS loggers, and I haven't even seen the docs on
      > them. If someone wants to loan me a unit, I'll be happy to try it out.
      >
      > Scott
      >
      > w4sna wrote:
      > >

      > > The Davis APRS streaming logger responds to loop packet requests and
      > > other commands just like the serial version. The APRS logger reverts to
      > > streaming mode a set time after the last command.
      > >
      > > Theoretically the streaming logger should work with the T2. I have both
      > > types of loggers. The T2 communicates with the serial logger but doesn't
      > > communicate with the APRS streaming logger. Maybe Scott can explain what
      > > is going on.
      > >
      > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>, Ben
      > > Lindner-VK5JFK <vk5jfk@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I think the APRS logger should be OK as it is still serial. I stand to
      > > > be corrected on this though
      > > >
      > > > Ben
      > > > VK5JFK

      yes ok perfect
      but I can tell exactly how to set the T2??

      I have seven so the T2

      Serial port Mode at 9600 Davis

      Serial Port B Mode Davis 9600

      surely you need to enable something else in T2 ???????

      I tried and tried but nothing I can not get to communicate with the Davis T2.

      I tried and tried but nothing I can not get to communicate with the Davis T2.

      HELPPP HELPPP
    • Fred Hillhouse
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 5, 2010
        Hi IZ4ISN,

        It might be useful to capture some data with Hyper Terminal prior to connecting to the OT2 and include it. It might provide a clue. Plus it will verify your cabling is correct. If you cannot capture data, then there might be a connection or baud rate issue.

        Best regards,
        Fred