Re: [tracker2] Re: Help!!!!! Help!!!! connection Traker T2m with Davis Vantage Pro2 for APRS

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 4, 2010
      Never used one of the APRS loggers, and I haven't even seen the docs on
      them. If someone wants to loan me a unit, I'll be happy to try it out.

      Scott

      w4sna wrote:

      > The Davis APRS streaming logger responds to loop packet requests and
      > other commands just like the serial version. The APRS logger reverts to
      > streaming mode a set time after the last command.
      >
      > Theoretically the streaming logger should work with the T2. I have both
      > types of loggers. The T2 communicates with the serial logger but doesn't
      > communicate with the APRS streaming logger. Maybe Scott can explain what
      > is going on.
      >
      > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>, Ben
      > Lindner-VK5JFK <vk5jfk@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I think the APRS logger should be OK as it is still serial. I stand to
      > > be corrected on this though
      > >
      > > Ben
      > > VK5JFK

    • IZ4ISN
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 4, 2010

        > Never used one of the APRS loggers, and I haven't even seen the docs on
        > them. If someone wants to loan me a unit, I'll be happy to try it out.
        >
        > Scott
        >
        > w4sna wrote:
        > >

        > > The Davis APRS streaming logger responds to loop packet requests and
        > > other commands just like the serial version. The APRS logger reverts to
        > > streaming mode a set time after the last command.
        > >
        > > Theoretically the streaming logger should work with the T2. I have both
        > > types of loggers. The T2 communicates with the serial logger but doesn't
        > > communicate with the APRS streaming logger. Maybe Scott can explain what
        > > is going on.
        > >
        > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>, Ben
        > > Lindner-VK5JFK <vk5jfk@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I think the APRS logger should be OK as it is still serial. I stand to
        > > > be corrected on this though
        > > >
        > > > Ben
        > > > VK5JFK

        yes ok perfect
        but I can tell exactly how to set the T2??

        I have seven so the T2

        Serial port Mode at 9600 Davis

        Serial Port B Mode Davis 9600

        surely you need to enable something else in T2 ???????

        I tried and tried but nothing I can not get to communicate with the Davis T2.

        I tried and tried but nothing I can not get to communicate with the Davis T2.

        HELPPP HELPPP
      • Fred Hillhouse
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 5, 2010
          Hi IZ4ISN,

          It might be useful to capture some data with Hyper Terminal prior to connecting to the OT2 and include it. It might provide a clue. Plus it will verify your cabling is correct. If you cannot capture data, then there might be a connection or baud rate issue.

          Best regards,
          Fred

          > Never used one of the APRS loggers, and I haven't even seen the docs on
          > them. If someone wants to loan me a unit, I'll be happy to try it out.
          >
          > Scott
          >
          > w4sna wrote:
          > >

          > > The Davis APRS streaming logger responds to loop packet requests and
          > > other commands just like the serial version. The APRS logger reverts to
          > > streaming mode a set time after the last command.
          > >
          > > Theoretically the streaming logger should work with the T2. I have both
          > > types of loggers. The T2 communicates with the serial logger but doesn't
          > > communicate with the APRS streaming logger. Maybe Scott can explain what
          > > is going on.
          > >
          > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com <mailto:tracker2% 40yahoogroups. com>, Ben
          > > Lindner-VK5JFK <vk5jfk@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I think the APRS logger should be OK as it is still serial. I stand to
          > > > be corrected on this though
          > > >
          > > > Ben
          > > > VK5JFK

          yes ok perfect
          but I can tell exactly how to set the T2??

          I have seven so the T2

          Serial port Mode at 9600 Davis

          Serial Port B Mode Davis 9600

          surely you need to enable something else in T2 ???????

          I tried and tried but nothing I can not get to communicate with the Davis T2.

          I tried and tried but nothing I can not get to communicate with the Davis T2.

          HELPPP HELPPP

        • offtracks1
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 5, 2010
            Hi

            Your not the only one with this issue. I am trying to setup a remote weather station that is using the T2 RF link radio (t2 and radio all in one) Well so far I can not get it to work also.

            I can see the data coming from the Davis Vantage pro, I am also using the APRS data logger from Davis.

            Here is the data string I get via Hyperterminal from the Davis Vantage Pro2

            052235z4515.75N/11710.80W_000/000g000t079r000p000P000h31b10166.DsVP

            Hope that will help if any.

            Scott KB7DZR