Help!!!!! Help!!!! connection Traker T2m with Davis Vantage Pro2 for APRS

  • IZ4ISN
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 3, 2010
      Hello All,

      I need help because I need to connect a DAVIS Vantege pro2 Traker oT2m.

      Scoot told me that the serial has to be connected in the back of T2.
      I set inside with Davis and software 9600baud but I see that does not work.
      I have the data logger they bought the one designed for APRS but I did not send data to APRS.
      I also made the last update Firmaware, but I do not understand how Davis can communicate with the T2.

      Who can 'help ???????? are weeks that are desperately trying to run but I can not find anything on the internet and nobody talks.

      CIAOOO HELPPPP HELLPPPP !!!!!!
    • w4sna
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 3, 2010
        The Davis APRS logger isn't compatible with the T2. The standard serial logger sort of works.

        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "IZ4ISN" <ik4mzm@...> wrote:
        > I have the data logger they bought the one designed for APRS but I did not send data to APRS.
      • Ben Lindner-VK5JFK
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 3, 2010
          I think the APRS logger should be OK as it is still serial. I stand to
          be corrected on this though

          Ben
          VK5JFK

          w4sna wrote:

          > The Davis APRS logger isn't compatible with the T2. The standard
          > serial logger sort of works.

          > "IZ4ISN" <ik4mzm@...> wrote:
          > > I have the data logger they bought the one designed for APRS but I
          > did not send data to APRS.

        • w4sna
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 4, 2010
            The Davis APRS streaming logger responds to loop packet requests and other commands just like the serial version. The APRS logger reverts to streaming mode a set time after the last command.

            Theoretically the streaming logger should work with the T2. I have both types of loggers. The T2 communicates with the serial logger but doesn't communicate with the APRS streaming logger. Maybe Scott can explain what is going on.

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 4, 2010
              Never used one of the APRS loggers, and I haven't even seen the docs on
              them. If someone wants to loan me a unit, I'll be happy to try it out.

              Scott

              w4sna wrote:

              > The Davis APRS streaming logger responds to loop packet requests and
              > other commands just like the serial version. The APRS logger reverts to
              > streaming mode a set time after the last command.
              >
              > Theoretically the streaming logger should work with the T2. I have both
              > types of loggers. The T2 communicates with the serial logger but doesn't
              > communicate with the APRS streaming logger. Maybe Scott can explain what
              > is going on.
              >
              > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>, Ben
              > Lindner-VK5JFK <vk5jfk@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > I think the APRS logger should be OK as it is still serial. I stand to
              > > be corrected on this though
              > >
              > > Ben
              > > VK5JFK

            • IZ4ISN
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 4, 2010

                > Never used one of the APRS loggers, and I haven't even seen the docs on
                > them. If someone wants to loan me a unit, I'll be happy to try it out.
                >
                > Scott
                >
                > w4sna wrote:
                > >

                > > The Davis APRS streaming logger responds to loop packet requests and
                > > other commands just like the serial version. The APRS logger reverts to
                > > streaming mode a set time after the last command.
                > >
                > > Theoretically the streaming logger should work with the T2. I have both
                > > types of loggers. The T2 communicates with the serial logger but doesn't
                > > communicate with the APRS streaming logger. Maybe Scott can explain what
                > > is going on.
                > >
                > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>, Ben
                > > Lindner-VK5JFK <vk5jfk@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I think the APRS logger should be OK as it is still serial. I stand to
                > > > be corrected on this though
                > > >
                > > > Ben
                > > > VK5JFK

                yes ok perfect
                but I can tell exactly how to set the T2??

                I have seven so the T2

                Serial port Mode at 9600 Davis

                Serial Port B Mode Davis 9600

                surely you need to enable something else in T2 ???????

                I tried and tried but nothing I can not get to communicate with the Davis T2.

                I tried and tried but nothing I can not get to communicate with the Davis T2.

                HELPPP HELPPP
              • Fred Hillhouse
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 5, 2010
                  Hi IZ4ISN,

                  It might be useful to capture some data with Hyper Terminal prior to connecting to the OT2 and include it. It might provide a clue. Plus it will verify your cabling is correct. If you cannot capture data, then there might be a connection or baud rate issue.

                  Best regards,
                  Fred