Re: [tracker2] Positioning Beaconing x1

    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 1, 2010
      Update the firmware and try it again. I know previous to a recent
      update BEACON would only send the text you specified on the command
      line. Now BEACON without any arguments queues a position packet.

      Scott

      Pete Lilja wrote:

      > Thanks, Randy.
      >
      > I just tried again. The --bea doesn't seem to work. However when the
      > message --ver is sent I get an immediate response of *Tracker 2 Build
      > 54680* so I know I can communicate with the T2-135 through the Nevi - I
      > just can't beacon a position (and, yes, there was a sat lock).
      >
      > Pete
      > KC0GPB
      >
      > On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Randy Love <rlove31@...
      > <mailto:rlove31@...>> wrote:
      >

      > Pete
      >
      > there is a cheat sheet for Nuvi commands in the files section of the
      > group:
      > opentracker2cheatsheet.pdf
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tracker2/files/opentracker2cheatsheet.pdf>
      >

      > --VER should return the version number.
      >
      > Randy
      > WF5X

    • Pete Lilja
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 3, 2010
        Thanks, Scott, that did it.  I updated the firmware and the beacon command works!

        And thanks for making that firmware update process so easy.  It is basically a 'One Click' update and that makes a computer dolt like me very happy.

        I've said it before and I'm gonna say it again.  The T2-135 with a Nuvi 350 is the slickest, most convenient mobile APRS set-up imaginable.

        Pete
        KC0GPB

        Pete Lilja wrote:

        > Thanks, Randy.
        >
        > I just tried again.  The --bea doesn't seem to work.  However when the
        > message --ver is sent I get an immediate response of *Tracker 2 Build
        > 54680* so I know I can communicate with the T2-135 through the Nevi - I
        > just can't beacon a position (and, yes, there was a sat lock).
        >
        > Pete
        > KC0GPB
        >
        > On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Randy Love <rlove31@...
        > <mailto:rlove31@...>> wrote:
        >

        >     Pete
        >
        >     there is a cheat sheet for Nuvi commands in the files section of the
        >     group:
        >     opentracker2cheatsheet.pdf
        >     <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tracker2/files/opentracker2cheatsheet.pdf>
        >

        >     --VER should return the version number.