Re: [tracker2] Positioning Beaconing x1

  • Pete Lilja
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 1, 2010
      Yes, it does seem odd to me too.

      No, no profile switching in the T2 nor any AUTH list.  I've tried spelling out --beacon in addition to simply --bea - neither seems to work.

      I dunno.  The set-up works flawlessly otherwise.  It's not a game-killer.  It'd just be nice to mark a spot every now and again.

      Any other ideas would be appreciated.

      Pete
      KC0GPB

      On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh@...> wrote:
      Pete KC0GPB wrote...

      > The --bea doesn't seem to work...

      That's strange. Does it make any difference if you type out the entire
      command...? While reaching for a straw, are you using profile switching?

       --beacon

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
         tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 1, 2010
        Update the firmware and try it again. I know previous to a recent
        update BEACON would only send the text you specified on the command
        line. Now BEACON without any arguments queues a position packet.

        Scott

        Pete Lilja wrote:

        > Thanks, Randy.
        >
        > I just tried again. The --bea doesn't seem to work. However when the
        > message --ver is sent I get an immediate response of *Tracker 2 Build
        > 54680* so I know I can communicate with the T2-135 through the Nevi - I
        > just can't beacon a position (and, yes, there was a sat lock).
        >
        > Pete
        > KC0GPB
        >
        > On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Randy Love <rlove31@...
        > <mailto:rlove31@...>> wrote:
        >

        > Pete
        >
        > there is a cheat sheet for Nuvi commands in the files section of the
        > group:
        > opentracker2cheatsheet.pdf
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tracker2/files/opentracker2cheatsheet.pdf>
        >

        > --VER should return the version number.
        >
        > Randy
        > WF5X

      • Pete Lilja
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 3, 2010
          Thanks, Scott, that did it.  I updated the firmware and the beacon command works!

          And thanks for making that firmware update process so easy.  It is basically a 'One Click' update and that makes a computer dolt like me very happy.

          I've said it before and I'm gonna say it again.  The T2-135 with a Nuvi 350 is the slickest, most convenient mobile APRS set-up imaginable.

          Pete
          KC0GPB