Re: [tracker2] Positioning Beaconing x1

  • Rudy Benner
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 1, 2010
      AUTHLIST?

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Keith VE7GDH" <ve7gdh@...>
      To: <tracker2@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 4:52 PM
      Subject: Re: [tracker2] Positioning Beaconing x1

      > Pete KC0GPB wrote...
      >
      >> The --bea doesn't seem to work...
      >
      > That's strange. Does it make any difference if you type out the entire
      > command...? While reaching for a straw, are you using profile switching?
      >
      > --beacon
      >
      > 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH

      07:35:00
    • Pete Lilja
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 1, 2010
        Yes, it does seem odd to me too.

        No, no profile switching in the T2 nor any AUTH list.  I've tried spelling out --beacon in addition to simply --bea - neither seems to work.

        I dunno.  The set-up works flawlessly otherwise.  It's not a game-killer.  It'd just be nice to mark a spot every now and again.

        Any other ideas would be appreciated.

        Pete
        KC0GPB

        On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh@...> wrote:
        Pete KC0GPB wrote...

        > The --bea doesn't seem to work...

        That's strange. Does it make any difference if you type out the entire
        command...? While reaching for a straw, are you using profile switching?

         --beacon

        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
           tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 1, 2010
          Update the firmware and try it again. I know previous to a recent
          update BEACON would only send the text you specified on the command
          line. Now BEACON without any arguments queues a position packet.

          Scott

          Pete Lilja wrote:

          > Thanks, Randy.
          >
          > I just tried again. The --bea doesn't seem to work. However when the
          > message --ver is sent I get an immediate response of *Tracker 2 Build
          > 54680* so I know I can communicate with the T2-135 through the Nevi - I
          > just can't beacon a position (and, yes, there was a sat lock).
          >
          > Pete
          > KC0GPB
          >
          > On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Randy Love <rlove31@...
          > <mailto:rlove31@...>> wrote:
          >

          > Pete
          >
          > there is a cheat sheet for Nuvi commands in the files section of the
          > group:
          > opentracker2cheatsheet.pdf
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tracker2/files/opentracker2cheatsheet.pdf>
          >

          > --VER should return the version number.
          >
          > Randy
          > WF5X

        • Pete Lilja
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 3, 2010
            Thanks, Scott, that did it.  I updated the firmware and the beacon command works!

            And thanks for making that firmware update process so easy.  It is basically a 'One Click' update and that makes a computer dolt like me very happy.

            I've said it before and I'm gonna say it again.  The T2-135 with a Nuvi 350 is the slickest, most convenient mobile APRS set-up imaginable.

            Pete
            KC0GPB