beacon scripting without clocksource

  • Patrick
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
      I'm trying to setup something with a t2 I'm looking to use as a
      fill-in digi. I would like it to serve also as a way to beacon the
      repeater objects in the area, but I've found that when there is no gps
      plugged into it (which would be normal in a digi setup) it does not
      seem to have a clock source so cannot do anything time based in the
      scripting.. Does anyone have suggestions of how this sort of
      functionality could be emulated?

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
        On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Patrick <winston@...> wrote:

        > I'm trying to setup something with a t2 I'm looking to use as a
        > fill-in digi.  I would like it to serve also as a way to beacon the
        > repeater objects in the area, but I've found that when there is no gps
        > plugged into it (which would be normal in a digi setup) it does not
        > seem to have a clock source so cannot do anything time based in the
        > scripting..  Does anyone have suggestions of how this sort of
        > functionality could be emulated?

        http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Scripting#Multiple_Announcements

      • Patrick
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
          This issue though is without a gps, it doesn't appear that the on
          second event fires (in my testing anyway).. so this doesn't work.

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
            The 'on second' event will still trigger - the only time related thing
            that *shouldn't* work without a GPS is timeslotting. Make sure you've
            got that off. Also, make sure you're not switching profiles on GPS lock
            loss.

            Scott