Mobil installation of OT2m/Nuvi

  • kb4pzo
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2010
      The mobile installation is complete, until I think of other features to add. The switch panel allows me to power on the OT2m & Nuvi as well as select profile A or B. The PTT switch allows me to disable the PTT from going to the radio. I find this useful when I want to talk on one side of the FT-880 0 while the OT2m "listens" to packets on the other side of the radio. I've uploaded a few pictures. Thanks to everyone for you help in getting this far!

      73
    • PAUL AMOS
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 31, 2010
        Would love to see the pics as I have a FT-8800 also for voice only. I use a 2800 for the Nuvi combo.

        Pics are located where?

        73s

        Paul, KI4DMP

        --

        Jonathan Swift  - "May you live every day of your life."
      • G8UVE
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 31, 2010

          --

          Jonathan Swift<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/jonathan_swift.html>
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 31, 2010
            Which 2800

            There's Yeas or an Icom one both with the name 2800

            David G8UVE

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 31, 2010
              Pics are located in the "Photo" section of this Group. By the way I use the FT-8800 for both Voice and APRS, just not TX on both at the same time....

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 31, 2010
                Look in Photos, the Album titled Mobile Installation by KB4PZO

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 31, 2010
                  Very cool set-up ! Nice surprise to see a Ford Escape as your car also.

                  I will post pics this evening of my Ford Escape set-up also.

                  Paul

                  On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 12:41 PM, kb4pzo <kb4pzo@...> wrote:

                  Pics are located in the "Photo" section of this Group. By the way I use the FT-8800 for both Voice and APRS, just not TX on both at the same time....

                  --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, PAUL AMOS <amosph@...> wrote:

                  > Would love to see the pics as I have a FT-8800 also for voice only. I use a
                  > 2800 for the Nuvi combo.
                  >
                  > Pics are located where?
                  >
                  > 73s
                  >
                  > Paul, KI4DMP
                  >
                  > On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 10:19 AM, kb4pzo <kb4pzo@...> wrote:
                  >

                  > > The mobile installation is complete, until I think of other features to
                  > > add. The switch panel allows me to power on the OT2m & Nuvi as well as
                  > > select profile A or B. The PTT switch allows me to disable the PTT from
                  > > going to the radio. I find this useful when I want to talk on one side of
                  > > the FT-880 0 while the OT2m "listens" to packets on the other side of the
                  > > radio. I've uploaded a few pictures. Thanks to everyone for you help in
                  > > getting this far!
                  > >
                  > > 73
                  > >

                  > - "May you live every day of your life."

                  --

                  Samuel Goldwyn  - "I'm willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong."
                • kb4pzo
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 31, 2010
                    My car is a 2002 Mazda Tribute, a close cousin to the Escape.

                    --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, PAUL AMOS <amosph@...> wrote:

                    > Very cool set-up ! Nice surprise to see a Ford Escape as your car also.
                    >
                    > I will post pics this evening of my Ford Escape set-up also.
                    >
                    > Paul
                    >

                    > On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 12:41 PM, kb4pzo <kb4pzo@...> wrote:
                    >

                    > > Pics are located in the "Photo" section of this Group. By the way I use the
                    > > FT-8800 for both Voice and APRS, just not TX on both at the same time....
                    > >

                    > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com <tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>, PAUL AMOS
                    > > <amosph@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Would love to see the pics as I have a FT-8800 also for voice only. I use
                    > > > 2800 for the Nuvi combo.
                    > > >
                    > > > Pics are located where?
                    > > >
                    > > > 73s
                    > > >
                    > > > Paul, KI4DMP

                    > > of
                    > > the

                    > > > --
                    > > >
                    > > > Jonathan Swift<
                    > > http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/jonathan_swift.html>
                    > > > - "May you live every day of your life."
                    > > >

                    > --
                    >
                    > Samuel Goldwyn<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/s/samuel_goldwyn.html>
                    > - "I'm willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never
                    > wrong."

                  • Rudy Benner
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 31, 2010
                      My car is a Kia Gio5, a close relative to a lawnmower, only slightly larger. A HF mobile whip on the roof will flip the car over at any speed over 40. I am 6 foot and 280 pounds, I fill both the front and the back seats. No room for a passenger.

                      My car is a 2002 Mazda Tribute, a close cousin to the Escape.

                      --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, PAUL AMOS <amosph@...> wrote:

                      > Very cool set-up ! Nice surprise to see a Ford Escape as your car also.
                      >
                      > I will post pics this evening of my Ford Escape set-up also.
                      >
                      > Paul
                      >

                      > On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 12:41 PM, kb4pzo <kb4pzo@...> wrote:
                      >

                      > > Pics are located in the "Photo" section of this Group. By the way I use the
                      > > FT-8800 for both Voice and APRS, just not TX on both at the same time....
                      > >

                      > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com <tracker2%40yahoogr oups.com> , PAUL AMOS
                      > > <amosph@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Would love to see the pics as I have a FT-8800 also for voice only. I use
                      > > > 2800 for the Nuvi combo.
                      > > >
                      > > > Pics are located where?
                      > > >
                      > > > 73s
                      > > >
                      > > > Paul, KI4DMP

                      > > of
                      > > the

                      > > > --
                      > > >
                      > > > Jonathan Swift<
                      > > http://www.brainyqu ote.com/quotes/ authors/j/ jonathan_ swift.html>
                      > > > - "May you live every day of your life."
                      > > >

                      > --
                      >
                      > Samuel Goldwyn<http://www.brainyqu ote.com/quotes/ authors/s/ samuel_goldwyn. html>
                      > - "I'm willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never
                      > wrong."

                    • larry
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 1, 2010
                        Ha ha Rudy - this is the funniest thing I have read all day !
                        You should post that comment on click and clack cartalk website.