Extracting Altitude Info. for Garmin Nuvi 350 Display (2)

  • Pete Lilja
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26 11:16 AM
      I wrote last week about being unable to see the altitude info. on my Garmin Nuvi 350 (through a T2-135) from high altitude balloon flights carrying an OT+, Garmin 18 and a Kenwood HT.

      One suggestion was to enable the 'status' in the OT+ as the Nuvi can display status messages.  I tried that today and it doesn't seem to work as I still can't see altitude nor any other info on the Nuvi from the balloon radio other than call sign, the text from the otwincfg set-up and some number (similar to  00/000 or 143 / XXX).

      I should add that I got one of those 'odd happenings' in the config program where when clicking the tabs between profile 1 and 2 the 'status' check button repeatedly switched back to being checked in the 'comment' section so I'm not sure what was actually written to the OT+.   Profile tab switching seems to do odd things in otwincfg.

      Any other ideas?

      Pete
      KC0GPB