bad position report from T2?

  • Jason Winningham
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 14, 2006
      Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I reflashed the T2 with latest
      firmware, blanked the config in the process. I configured config 1
      with a fixed position, then copied that config to config 2 and
      changed it to use GPS. I switch configs with the jumper.

      When I'm running on config 1 (fixed position), I get this packet:

      KG4WSV-8>APOT2A,WIDE2-2:!

      When I hook up the GPS and switch to config 2, it behaves normally:

      KG4WSV-8>APOT2A,WIDE2-2:/150034z3433.82N/08704.71W>295/000 11.8V 23C
      HDOP01.4 SATS06 testing tracker2 c2 kg4wsv@.../A=000681

      any clues?

      -Jason
      kg4wsv
    • Jason Winningham
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 15, 2006
        update: That bad packet is really

        KG4WSV-8>APOT2A,WIDE2-2:!

        /

        > 12.6V 22C testing tracker2 c1 kg4wsv@...

        so it looks like all the position bytes are newlines? That's how
        they show up in xastir's log file, anyway...

        I know Scott's off partying at DCC. (:

        -Jason
        kg4wsv
      • Jason Winningham
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 15, 2006
          hmm, entered the position at the command prompt and all worked as
          expected.

          checked the config program and it appears I don't have the current
          version. I suspect that was the problem, will try to test this weekend.

          I just sent a message to reconfigure the TX interval. This is some
          cool stuff!

          -Jason
          kg4wsv
        • scott@opentrac.org
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 19, 2006
            When you enter the POSITION command at the prompt, does it read the position back properly?

            Scott

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 19, 2006
              Ah... yeah, that'd do it.  The position string got moved.

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 19, 2006
                On Sep 19, 2006, at 5:57 PM, <scott@...>
                <scott@...> wrote:

                > Ah... yeah, that'd do it. The position string got moved.

                That may have been why the authlist was giving me trouble, too.

                -Jason
                kg4wsv