RE: [tracker2] Adapters

  • scott@opentrac.org
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 14, 2006
      Chipset is Prolific.  Not sure about the OS X drivers - I'll check on that when I get back from DCC.  Gotta get packed up right now.. my flight leaves in about 3 hours.

      As for integrated USB support, I *do* have my ARM-based project that I'm still working on that has native USB.  Much more flexible than using a converter chip, and cheaper.  Way more trouble for me, of course, but as a side benefit I now know way more than I ever wanted to about USB and the CDC ACM.  For now I've only implemented a single virtual com port, but there's no reason it couldn't implement multiple ports, or show up as a bulk storage device (it has an SD/MMC slot) or anything else I want it to do.

      Maybe next year.  =]

      Scott