Re: [tracker2] Smart Beacon

  • Curt, WE7U
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 7, 2010
      On Thu, 7 Jan 2010, dan wrote:

      > I have 2 Tracker 2 units and can not get the smart beacon to work
      > on either one. I also have 2 open trackers and the smart beacon
      > works as it is supposed to. Anyone else had this problem?

      I seem to remember having difficulty at some point in the past,
      usually having to do with my having set something incorrectly in the
      config program.

      I'm running a T2 w/SmartBeaconing(tm) in my Jeep and it's been
      working great.

      Perhaps check both of your config screens and make sure they're set
      up the same way, or make sure you know which config you're running.

      I run SmartBeaconing(tm) with one APRS symbol on one config, timed
      beacons with a different symbol on the other config. Switching
      between configs in my case is based on speed. Other people have
      similar configs but switch between them using vehicle voltage.

      By changing the symbol or the comment field between the two configs
      you can get a quick feel for which config you're running.

      --
      Curt, WE7U. <http://www.eskimo.com/~archer>
      APRS: Where it's at! <http://www.xastir.org>
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 20, 2010
        On the OTWINCFG program if you use the load new firmware from the web it will show you the version available for download as one of the selections.

        Larry WT9M