Re: [tracker2] Re: RV Identifier

  • wyoming_semi_driver@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 4, 2010
    its /PR look at this file

    From: dan
    Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 9:25 PM
    Subject: [tracker2] Re: RV Identifier

    Ok, I got a red R. I guess that is the rv designator. I see some have black RV on their's.
    Dan

    9:33 PM, dan <wd0afq@> wrote:

    > > > I am seeing
    some identifiers on the map with "RV". Can we do this with tracker 2?

    > > Are you talking about using an RV icon for APRS?
    > >
    > > That's simply a capital R from the primary symbol table.
    (/R)

    Message 2 of 15 , Jan 4, 2010
      never mind I was wroung its /R its showing as the black RV
      K7CDL
      Ron Swart

      Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 9:27 PM
      Subject: Re: [tracker2] Re: RV Identifier [1 Attachment]

      9:33 PM, dan <wd0afq@> wrote:

      > > > I am seeing
      some identifiers on the map with "RV". Can we do this with tracker 2?

      > > Are you talking about using an RV icon for APRS?
      > >
      > > That's simply a capital R from the primary symbol table.
      (/R)

      > > James
      > > VE6SRV
      > >

      > Thanks I will try that. I could not find it in the list
      anywhere.
      > Dan

    • dan
      Message 3 of 15 , Jan 4, 2010
        Ron, would you look at my call, wd0afq, and see if you see a black "rv" or a red "R"?
        I used the R only.
        Thanks,
        Dan

        Message 4 of 15 , Jan 4, 2010
          that is a funny look red truck with R in it I will look up to see what I can find out
          Ron

          Ron, would you look at my call, wd0afq, and see if you see a black "rv" or a red "R"?
          I used the R only.
          Thanks,
          Dan

          --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, <wyoming_semi_ driver@.. .> wrote:

          > never mind I
          was wroung its /R its showing as the black RV
          > K7CDL
          > Ron
          Swart

          Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 9:27 PM
          > To:
          href="mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com">tracker2@yahoogroup s.com
          > Subject: Re: [tracker2] Re: RV Identifier [1 Attachment]
          >

          > [Attachment( s) from
          wyoming_semi_ driver@.. . included below]

          > its
          /PR look at this file

          January 04, 2010 9:25 PM
          href="mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com">tracker2@yahoogroup s.com

          href="mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com">tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, James Ewen <ve6srv@> wrote:

          > > > Are you talking about using
          an RV icon for APRS?

          > > > That's simply a
          capital R from the primary symbol table. (/R)

          > > > James
          > > > VE6SRV
          > > >

          > > Thanks I will try that. I could not find it in the list
          anywhere.
          > > Dan

        • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
          Message 5 of 15 , Jan 4, 2010
            You're showing up on aprs.fi as a Red Truck with an R overlay. This
            would be a table name of R and a symbol of lower case u.

            See the following web pages:

            http://aprs.fi/?call=wd0afq

            http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/APRS_symbols.htm

            http://www.aprs.org/symbols/symbolsX.txt

            Message 6 of 15 , Jan 4, 2010
              thanks I couldn’t find information on that red truck.
              K7CDL
              Ron

              Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 9:52 PM
              Subject: Re: [tracker2] Re: RV Identifier

              dan wrote:

              > Ron, would you look at my call, wd0afq, and see if you see a
              black "rv" or a red "R"?
              > I used the R only.
              > Thanks,

              Dan

              href="mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com">tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, <wyoming_semi_ driver@.. .> wrote:

              >> never mind
              I was wroung its /R its showing as the black RV
              >> K7CDL

              Ron Swart

              wyoming_semi_ driver@.. .
              >> Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010
              9:27 PM
              >> To:
              href="mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com">tracker2@yahoogroup s.com
              >> Subject: Re: [tracker2] Re: RV Identifier [1
              Attachment]

              >> [Attachment( s)
              from wyoming_semi_ driver@.. . included below]

              >> its /PR look at this
              file

              January 04, 2010 9:25 PM
              >> To:
              href="mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com">tracker2@yahoogroup s.com
              >> Subject: [tracker2] Re: RV
              Identifier

              >> Ok, I got a red R. I
              guess that is the rv designator. I see some have black RV on their's.
              >> Dan
              >>
              >> --- In
              href="mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com">tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, "dan" <wd0afq@> wrote:

              >>> --- In

              seeing some identifiers on the map with "RV". Can we do this with tracker 2?

              RV icon for APRS?

              capital R from the primary symbol table. (/R)

              VE6SRV

              Message 7 of 15 , Jan 4, 2010
                there you go you have it fixed now its showing black RV.
                K7CDL
                Ron

                Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 9:56 PM

                Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 9:52 PM

                dan wrote:

                > Ron, would you look at my call, wd0afq, and see if you see a
                black "rv" or a red "R"?
                > I used the R only.
                > Thanks,

                Dan

                > --- In
                href="mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com">tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, <wyoming_semi_ driver@.. .> wrote:

                >> never mind
                I was wroung its /R its showing as the black RV
                >> K7CDL

                Ron Swart

                wyoming_semi_ driver@.. .
                >> Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010
                9:27 PM
                >> To:
                href="mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com">tracker2@yahoogroup s.com
                >> Subject: Re: [tracker2] Re: RV Identifier [1
                Attachment]

                >> [Attachment( s)
                from wyoming_semi_ driver@.. . included below]

                >> its /PR look at this
                file

                January 04, 2010 9:25 PM
                >> To:
                href="mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com">tracker2@yahoogroup s.com
                >> Subject: [tracker2] Re: RV
                Identifier

                >> Ok, I got a red R. I
                guess that is the rv designator. I see some have black RV on their's.
                >> Dan
                >>
                >> --- In
                href="mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com">tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, "dan" <wd0afq@> wrote:

                >>> --- In

                seeing some identifiers on the map with "RV". Can we do this with tracker 2?

                RV icon for APRS?

                capital R from the primary symbol table. (/R)

                VE6SRV

                Message 8 of 15 , Jan 4, 2010
                  I got it now, Thanks for yall's help.
                  Dan

                  --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, <wyoming_semi_driver@...> wrote:

                  > thanks I couldn't find information on that red truck.
                  > K7CDL
                  > Ron

                • dan
                  Message 9 of 15 , Jan 4, 2010
                    Yea, that was driving me nuts. Thanks again.

                    Message 10 of 15 , Jan 4, 2010
                      On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 9:27 PM, <wyoming_semi_driver@...> wrote:

                      > its /PR look at this file

                      No, if you read the information presented in the table, the symbol
                      code is /R... the GPSxyz code is PR.

                      If one were encoding the icon in the APRS TOCALL in the format GPSxyz
                      where the xy would be replaced by PR and z would be a possible overlay
                      character, then PR would be the proper information, however the OT2
                      uses the symbol table and character format of symbol encoding. You
                      would find that in the OTWINCFG program under the Symbol Table and
                      Symbol Code.