Re: RV Identifier

  • dan
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 3, 2010

      > On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 9:33 PM, dan <wd0afq@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I am seeing some identifiers on the map with "RV". Can we do this with tracker 2?
      >
      > Are you talking about using an RV icon for APRS?
      >
      > That's simply a capital R from the primary symbol table. (/R)
      >
      > James
      > VE6SRV

      Thanks I will try that. I could not find it in the list anywhere.
      Dan
    • dan
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 4, 2010
        Ok, I got a red R. I guess that is the rv designator. I see some have black RV on their's.
        Dan

      • wyoming_semi_driver@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 4, 2010
        its /PR look at this file

        Message 4 of 15 , Jan 4, 2010
          never mind I was wroung its /R its showing as the black RV
          K7CDL
          Ron Swart

          Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 9:27 PM
          Subject: Re: [tracker2] Re: RV Identifier [1 Attachment]

          its /PR look at this file

          9:33 PM, dan <wd0afq@> wrote:

          > > > I am seeing
          some identifiers on the map with "RV". Can we do this with tracker 2?

          > > Are you talking about using an RV icon for APRS?
          > >
          > > That's simply a capital R from the primary symbol table.
          (/R)

          > > James
          > > VE6SRV
          > >

          > Thanks I will try that. I could not find it in the list
          anywhere.
          > Dan

        • dan
          Message 5 of 15 , Jan 4, 2010
            Ron, would you look at my call, wd0afq, and see if you see a black "rv" or a red "R"?
            I used the R only.
            Thanks,
            Dan

            Message 6 of 15 , Jan 4, 2010
              that is a funny look red truck with R in it I will look up to see what I can find out
              Ron

              Ron, would you look at my call, wd0afq, and see if you see a black "rv" or a red "R"?
              I used the R only.
              Thanks,
              Dan

              --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, <wyoming_semi_ driver@.. .> wrote:

              > never mind I
              was wroung its /R its showing as the black RV
              > K7CDL
              > Ron
              Swart

              Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 9:27 PM
              > To:
              href="mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com">tracker2@yahoogroup s.com
              > Subject: Re: [tracker2] Re: RV Identifier [1 Attachment]
              >

              > [Attachment( s) from
              wyoming_semi_ driver@.. . included below]

              > its
              /PR look at this file

              January 04, 2010 9:25 PM
              href="mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com">tracker2@yahoogroup s.com

              href="mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com">tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, James Ewen <ve6srv@> wrote:

              > > > Are you talking about using
              an RV icon for APRS?

              > > > That's simply a
              capital R from the primary symbol table. (/R)

              > > > James
              > > > VE6SRV
              > > >

              > > Thanks I will try that. I could not find it in the list
              anywhere.
              > > Dan

            • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
              Message 7 of 15 , Jan 4, 2010
                You're showing up on aprs.fi as a Red Truck with an R overlay. This
                would be a table name of R and a symbol of lower case u.

                See the following web pages:

                http://aprs.fi/?call=wd0afq

                http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/APRS_symbols.htm

                http://www.aprs.org/symbols/symbolsX.txt

                Message 8 of 15 , Jan 4, 2010
                  thanks I couldn’t find information on that red truck.
                  K7CDL
                  Ron

                  Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 9:52 PM
                  Subject: Re: [tracker2] Re: RV Identifier

                  dan wrote:

                  > Ron, would you look at my call, wd0afq, and see if you see a
                  black "rv" or a red "R"?
                  > I used the R only.
                  > Thanks,

                  Dan

                  href="mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com">tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, <wyoming_semi_ driver@.. .> wrote:

                  >> never mind
                  I was wroung its /R its showing as the black RV
                  >> K7CDL

                  Ron Swart

                  wyoming_semi_ driver@.. .
                  >> Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010
                  9:27 PM
                  >> To:
                  href="mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com">tracker2@yahoogroup s.com
                  >> Subject: Re: [tracker2] Re: RV Identifier [1
                  Attachment]

                  >> [Attachment( s)
                  from wyoming_semi_ driver@.. . included below]

                  >> its /PR look at this
                  file

                  January 04, 2010 9:25 PM
                  >> To:
                  href="mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com">tracker2@yahoogroup s.com
                  >> Subject: [tracker2] Re: RV
                  Identifier

                  >> Ok, I got a red R. I
                  guess that is the rv designator. I see some have black RV on their's.
                  >> Dan
                  >>
                  >> --- In
                  href="mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com">tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, "dan" <wd0afq@> wrote:

                  >>> --- In

                  seeing some identifiers on the map with "RV". Can we do this with tracker 2?

                  RV icon for APRS?

                  capital R from the primary symbol table. (/R)

                  VE6SRV

                  Message 9 of 15 , Jan 4, 2010
                    there you go you have it fixed now its showing black RV.
                    K7CDL
                    Ron

                    Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 9:56 PM

                    Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 9:52 PM

                    dan wrote:

                    > Ron, would you look at my call, wd0afq, and see if you see a
                    black "rv" or a red "R"?
                    > I used the R only.
                    > Thanks,

                    Dan

                    > --- In
                    href="mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com">tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, <wyoming_semi_ driver@.. .> wrote:

                    >> never mind
                    I was wroung its /R its showing as the black RV
                    >> K7CDL

                    Ron Swart

                    wyoming_semi_ driver@.. .
                    >> Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010
                    9:27 PM
                    >> To:
                    href="mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com">tracker2@yahoogroup s.com
                    >> Subject: Re: [tracker2] Re: RV Identifier [1
                    Attachment]

                    >> [Attachment( s)
                    from wyoming_semi_ driver@.. . included below]

                    >> its /PR look at this
                    file

                    January 04, 2010 9:25 PM
                    >> To:
                    href="mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com">tracker2@yahoogroup s.com
                    >> Subject: [tracker2] Re: RV
                    Identifier

                    >> Ok, I got a red R. I
                    guess that is the rv designator. I see some have black RV on their's.
                    >> Dan
                    >>
                    >> --- In
                    href="mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com">tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, "dan" <wd0afq@> wrote:

                    >>> --- In

                    seeing some identifiers on the map with "RV". Can we do this with tracker 2?

                    RV icon for APRS?

                    capital R from the primary symbol table. (/R)

                    VE6SRV

                    Message 10 of 15 , Jan 4, 2010
                      I got it now, Thanks for yall's help.
                      Dan

                      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, <wyoming_semi_driver@...> wrote:

                      > thanks I couldn't find information on that red truck.
                      > K7CDL
                      > Ron

                    • dan
                      Message 11 of 15 , Jan 4, 2010
                        Yea, that was driving me nuts. Thanks again.

                        Message 12 of 15 , Jan 4, 2010
                          On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 9:27 PM, <wyoming_semi_driver@...> wrote:

                          > its /PR look at this file

                          No, if you read the information presented in the table, the symbol
                          code is /R... the GPSxyz code is PR.

                          If one were encoding the icon in the APRS TOCALL in the format GPSxyz
                          where the xy would be replaced by PR and z would be a possible overlay
                          character, then PR would be the proper information, however the OT2
                          uses the symbol table and character format of symbol encoding. You
                          would find that in the OTWINCFG program under the Symbol Table and
                          Symbol Code.