Re: [tracker2] Re: OT2m version 2.0a

    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 2, 2010
      > some of the symptoms it has when not working are:
      > green led lites up dim and the others dont flash,
      > or after a few seconds the act led will flash red red green very slowly
      > then a few seconds later the rx, tx leds will flash but the unit still
      > wont rx or respond to the console.
      >
      > i dont think it is a power problem, i think the problem is tempature
      > related as it works much more reliably in the 70+ degree house than in
      > the less than 40 degree truck.
      >
      > also the quality of the hand soldered parts does not appear to be very good.

      These might be related. Check the soldering on crystal Y1 if you
      haven't sent it back yet - I encountered one unit in testing that had a
      bad solder joint there, which would cause the problems you're describing.

      What specifically looks wrong with the hand soldered parts? This is the
      first batch of OT2ms I've had assembled in the US, and I'm going to be
      very upset if the quality turns out to be worse than the
      Chinese-assembled units.

      > i am planning on sending my unit back for a replacement.

      I'll be watching for it. I'm supposed to have more boards in on Monday,
      but with the way things have been going I'm not going to expect anything
      until Wednesday.

      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 2, 2010
        I'm having trouble following the HT PTT thing, but it sounds like maybe
        PTT is just plain broken on the T2 and you're seeing it stuck on when
        the HT jumper is set, which would be normal for a mobile.

        With it plugged into the mobile, and the HT jumper removed, what happens
        when you use the PTT button in the diagnostic menu?

        Scott

      • wyoming_semi_driver@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 2, 2010
          right now mobile isnt working at all even with the HT jump pulled but HT is
          working. I cant get mobile to work at all now. it was working off and on and
          now no mobile. its like HT is stuck on even with HT jumper pulled.