Re: [tracker2] ok i must be dumb

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2010
      Ron K7CDL wrote...

      > OK I got the Tracker2 working AGAIN. Anyways, now I cant seem to get
      > messages onto the 350. I try to send aprs message from the findu site
      > but cant get them. Do the messages have to be sent direct or can they
      > be sent over the network? I'm using K7CDL-14 thanks for any help you
      > all can be. Yes I can send commands to the Tracker2 from the nuvi350
      > and get something back.

      I should probably get you to define "cant seem to get messages onto the
      350" but...

      Unless you have done modifications, the Nuvi must be powered from the
      cradle or at least the rear connector and the FMI cable connects on the
      right side of the Nuvi. If you can send commands to the T2, the GPS must
      be in FMI mode... e.g.

      --ver
      --mycall
      --path
      --int
      --smart
      --retries

      Try this one and see if it beacons:

      --bea

      See if anyone else can decode it. Then get someone near to you to send
      you a message. When I say near, that could be within earshot, or one or
      two digi hops away. They could even be somewhere else if a nearby IGate
      was configured properly to gate messages to local stations... as long as
      you had beaconed so the IGate would know that you were there.

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH