Re: [tracker2] ok i must be dumb

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2010
      On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 11:26 AM, Ron K7CDL
      <wyoming_semi_driver@...> wrote:

      > now i cant seem to get messages onto the 350. i try to send aprs
      > message from the findu site but cant get them. Do the messages
      > have to be sent direct or can they be sent over the network?

      What callsign are you sending the messages from?

      I see messages from N7HRI-9 to you being sent directly over the
      APRS-IS. As has been discussed here many times, for that concept to
      work, the local i-gate must be configured to take messages from the
      APRS-IS and deliver them to the local RF network.

      Get N7HRI-9 to send the message over RF. He's being gated by the
      i-gate in Gillette, so the RF path is viable.

      If you can see and send messages properly that way, then the next
      likely culprit is the i-gate configuration. That would be up to K7RDC
      to remedy.

    • Keith VE7GDH
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2010
        Ron K7CDL wrote...

        > OK I got the Tracker2 working AGAIN. Anyways, now I cant seem to get
        > messages onto the 350. I try to send aprs message from the findu site
        > but cant get them. Do the messages have to be sent direct or can they
        > be sent over the network? I'm using K7CDL-14 thanks for any help you
        > all can be. Yes I can send commands to the Tracker2 from the nuvi350
        > and get something back.

        I should probably get you to define "cant seem to get messages onto the
        350" but...

        Unless you have done modifications, the Nuvi must be powered from the
        cradle or at least the rear connector and the FMI cable connects on the
        right side of the Nuvi. If you can send commands to the T2, the GPS must
        be in FMI mode... e.g.

        --ver
        --mycall
        --path
        --int
        --smart
        --retries

        Try this one and see if it beacons:

        --bea

        See if anyone else can decode it. Then get someone near to you to send
        you a message. When I say near, that could be within earshot, or one or
        two digi hops away. They could even be somewhere else if a nearby IGate
        was configured properly to gate messages to local stations... as long as
        you had beaconed so the IGate would know that you were there.

        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH