ok i must be dumb

  • Ron K7CDL
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2010
      ok i got the tracker2 working AGAIN. anyways, now i cant seem to get messages onto the 350. i try to send aprs message from the findu site but cant get them. Do the messages have to be sent direct or can they be sent over the network? i'm using k7cdl-14 thanks for any help you all can be. yes i can send commands to the tracker2 from the nuvi350 and get something back.
      Ron Swart
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2010
        On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 11:26 AM, Ron K7CDL
        <wyoming_semi_driver@...> wrote:

        > now i cant seem to get messages onto the 350. i try to send aprs
        > message from the findu site but cant get them. Do the messages
        > have to be sent direct or can they be sent over the network?

        What callsign are you sending the messages from?

        I see messages from N7HRI-9 to you being sent directly over the
        APRS-IS. As has been discussed here many times, for that concept to
        work, the local i-gate must be configured to take messages from the
        APRS-IS and deliver them to the local RF network.

        Get N7HRI-9 to send the message over RF. He's being gated by the
        i-gate in Gillette, so the RF path is viable.

        If you can see and send messages properly that way, then the next
        likely culprit is the i-gate configuration. That would be up to K7RDC
        to remedy.

      • Keith VE7GDH
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2010
          Ron K7CDL wrote...

          > OK I got the Tracker2 working AGAIN. Anyways, now I cant seem to get
          > messages onto the 350. I try to send aprs message from the findu site
          > but cant get them. Do the messages have to be sent direct or can they
          > be sent over the network? I'm using K7CDL-14 thanks for any help you
          > all can be. Yes I can send commands to the Tracker2 from the nuvi350
          > and get something back.

          I should probably get you to define "cant seem to get messages onto the
          350" but...

          Unless you have done modifications, the Nuvi must be powered from the
          cradle or at least the rear connector and the FMI cable connects on the
          right side of the Nuvi. If you can send commands to the T2, the GPS must
          be in FMI mode... e.g.

          --ver
          --mycall
          --path
          --int
          --smart
          --retries

          Try this one and see if it beacons:

          --bea

          See if anyone else can decode it. Then get someone near to you to send
          you a message. When I say near, that could be within earshot, or one or
          two digi hops away. They could even be somewhere else if a nearby IGate
          was configured properly to gate messages to local stations... as long as
          you had beaconed so the IGate would know that you were there.

          73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH