Re: [tracker2] Re: [aprssig] Nuvi GPS blast

    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 23, 2009
      On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Greg <n9nwo@...> wrote:

      > At this point, would this be the best way to go?
      > If I want to purchase a new Garmin then should I wait or just do this?

      The current status of the new FMI interface is in flux. If you buy one
      of the new units with an interface that is in flux, it can go one of
      two ways. One is good in that Garmin does things in a way that Scott
      can make use of the interface and we have a bunch of new units that
      others can buy and interface to their trackers. The other is that
      Garmin misses the boat again, and the FMI interface doesn't work
      properly.

      Remember that what is currently implemented is not "perfect" from our
      perspective. Living life on the cutting edge can lead to a little
      bleeding now and then.

      If you want something that is known to work, buy a Nuvi 350.