Re: [tracker2] ADS-WS1 questions...

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 5, 2009
      > - Is it a stand alone product?

      Yes.

      > - Will it interface with other AD products, like tracker2?

      Yes.

      > - Will it, as a stand alone product,if so; do digipeateating? (as a
      > monitoring station at a repeater site and so replace the T2 that might
      > be there).

      It *could*, but I'm not planning on it at this point. Better to use the
      serial output and let a T2 do that. The WS1's demodulator is based on
      the OT1+'s (by way of the SR1 simplex repeater) and won't be as
      sensitive as the T2.

      > - Will you be able to use it with a pc to view locally weather info?

      Yes, I'm doing that now in the office. Currently your only serial
      output option is Peet Bros datalogger format.

      > - If it will interface with the pc, what kind of software could you run?
      > (to not only do APRS but also upload weather data to a website)

      Anything that takes Peet Bros datalogger format. Eventually maybe Davis
      or Oregon Scientific formats, too. We'll see.

      Scott
    • gervais
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 5, 2009
        well Ron
        i have 2 QTH here that are located near the St-laurence River and salted air is the normal.
        We have to watch antennas for corrosion,if i can find some support ($)i could buy one and install on a mountain here at 1487 feets high and there ,i have some strong winds too.
        My other qth is located at 3025 feets and there,,,,,,,man it is cold and winds.
        one time i was force too stay there,even in skidoo we could not leave the site,,,,
        we could not see the trail .

        Lets wait and see the devloppemnt,,,,everyone is waiting Visage émoticône)))))))))))))) on the station.

        73/s
        Gervais ve2ckn

        Sent: Saturday, December 05, 2009 12:49 PM
        Subject: Re: [tracker2] Re: ADS-WS1 questions...

        we are getting hit with snow right now. thatÂ’s the main thing I'm wondering is how well these will work in -50 with snow and ice. my zip code is 82801.
        73s
        K7CDL
        Ron Swart