ADS-WS1 questions...

  • mmaciel
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 4 10:11 AM
      About the new weather station I have some questions:

      - Is it a stand alone product?
      - Will it interface with other AD products, like tracker2?
      - Will it, as a stand alone product,if so; do digipeateating? (as a monitoring station at a repeater site and so replace the T2 that might be there).
      - Will you be able to use it with a pc to view locally weather info?
      - If it will interface with the pc, what kind of software could you run? (to not only do APRS but also upload weather data to a website)

      Sorry for the inquisition, I just think these to be pertinent questions...

      73's all the best from Azores Islands...

      Mike Maciel
      CU3HY
    • Rudy Benner
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 4 10:17 AM
        I think we all want answers to these questions, but nobody wants to step on Scott's toes.

        Rudy VE3BDR - northern ontario EN98

        ------------------------------

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 5 3:27 AM
          Hi Rudy,

          Yes, you are absolutely right! No toe stepping here, just curious George...

          I don't mean to be a pain, if so I'm sorry, I know Scott has been under the weather (no pun intended), so I'll wait quietly...

          73 Rudy from a fellow Canadian in the Azores Islands...

          Mike Maciel
          CU3HY

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 5 3:34 AM
            I doubt that Scott is offended, he seems to have a pretty thick hide, has to be so to put up with the hassles we give him.

            Just think, you are missing WINTER, you know, SNOW and COLD. Better hurry on home to Kanuckistan.
          • mmaciel
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 5 9:21 AM
              Ahhhh the cold, the snow, the winter.... no thank you! not missing it at all, sure I don't have snow here, sure I don't have minus temperatures here; what I do have is RAIN, CYCLONES, and the most important thing NO CENTRAL HEATING... I left Canada at the age of four, been back many times on vacation, I don't miss it... Sure they have more stores, here on the Island I have to ship everything in, but it's a good life...

              As for Scott the man is a rock, I could not put up with half of what he does... hehehehe

              73 From the RAIN,CYCLONE infested Islands...

            • wyoming_semi_driver@hotmail.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 5 9:49 AM
                we are getting hit with snow right now. that’s the main thing I'm wondering is how well these will work in -50 with snow and ice. my zip code is 82801.
                73s
                K7CDL
                Ron Swart

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 5 10:41 AM
                  > - Is it a stand alone product?

                  Yes.

                  > - Will it interface with other AD products, like tracker2?

                  Yes.

                  > - Will it, as a stand alone product,if so; do digipeateating? (as a
                  > monitoring station at a repeater site and so replace the T2 that might
                  > be there).

                  It *could*, but I'm not planning on it at this point. Better to use the
                  serial output and let a T2 do that. The WS1's demodulator is based on
                  the OT1+'s (by way of the SR1 simplex repeater) and won't be as
                  sensitive as the T2.

                  > - Will you be able to use it with a pc to view locally weather info?

                  Yes, I'm doing that now in the office. Currently your only serial
                  output option is Peet Bros datalogger format.

                  > - If it will interface with the pc, what kind of software could you run?
                  > (to not only do APRS but also upload weather data to a website)

                  Anything that takes Peet Bros datalogger format. Eventually maybe Davis
                  or Oregon Scientific formats, too. We'll see.

                  Scott
                • gervais
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 5 2:29 PM
                    well Ron
                    i have 2 QTH here that are located near the St-laurence River and salted air is the normal.
                    We have to watch antennas for corrosion,if i can find some support ($)i could buy one and install on a mountain here at 1487 feets high and there ,i have some strong winds too.
                    My other qth is located at 3025 feets and there,,,,,,,man it is cold and winds.
                    one time i was force too stay there,even in skidoo we could not leave the site,,,,
                    we could not see the trail .

                    Lets wait and see the devloppemnt,,,,everyone is waiting Visage émoticône)))))))))))))) on the station.

                    73/s
                    Gervais ve2ckn